I think it's about hygiene. If someone has foot fungus, if they go around barefoot then it could spread to other people running around barefoot.<br />
It might also be a liability thing. If there's something on the floor like a bit of glass or a pebble and someone cuts their foot on it, they could sue the establishment, so places just require shoes to avoid that. I don't know this for sure though, just a theory.

Best Answer

Not really sure. Walking barefoot is a great way to connect with Earth and the energies of it. It's called Earthing and is quite healing.

Best Answer

Oh, that's just nasty. Do you know all of the people who spit on the ground? Dogs **** on the ground. Dirt, germs, filth - Yuck! Not to mention how the bottom of your feet look after walking barefoot. It's disgusting.

Best Answer

I bet the things we touch with our hands everyday are dirtier that when is found in dirt and dog ****.. And it's natural. But that's just me.. I can see where you're coming from though.

Best Answer

IT IS? oops.

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

The reason why you're not allowed to walk barefoot at public places (besides the beach and the pool) is that feet are looked almost like the "disgusting part" of the body. Your foot is always in contact with something, have some fungus trying to grow on it, touching dirt and germs, ect.

Best Answer

The Stank

Best Answer

apart from a beach or beach side town...it appears slovenly.

Best Answer

I don't know, it's not like your rubbing your feet on peoples faces.

Best Answer

Hook worms and glass, but I don't care as long as I have shoes

Best Answer

You're more likely to get hurt and they are trying to avoid lawsuits

Best Answer