It has occured to me as I've gotten older that if I had lived my life and been a little selfish I would be much happier then I am today. I believe that to truly be happy and content it is so important to put yourself first. Who's with me? Let's teach our kids that selfishness can be good and not just bad.
oneofthemanynobodysoutthere oneofthemanynobodysoutthere 22-25, F 3 Answers Feb 3, 2012

You teach them to share because being selfish comes very naturally. Kids that don't share are very noisy and parents are interested in quiet, not justice.

Best Answer

I completely agree with you. If sharing does you no good in a certain situation, then don't share in that situation. It's common sense and in my opinion what we should be teaching our kids.

Best Answer

You're right it is common sense but when we're young and our parents are telling us to share, we haven't had the life experience to use common sense. All we know is that our parents must be right if they're in charge of us...right?

Best Answer

The first lesson I will teach my children is to do what you think is best for yourself, but the key is they will have to give me specific reasons why their decision is the right one.
The way I see it, is if they can't defend their decision, it's not the right one.

Best Answer

Yes. This is why I think that the way we teach our children nowadays (teaching them morals not logic) is going to hurt them in the end.

Best Answer

That sounds like a good idea. Teaching kids to make intelligent decisions, not follow orders.

Best Answer