LoneBlogger LoneBlogger 51-55, M 4 Answers Nov 3, 2012 in Community

I fortunate in that for the most part I enjoy my work. I do have bad days though, from time to time. What I've found that makes work days less stressful is to cultivate things I enjoy doing after work. I stop at the local pub where I have good friends, enjoy good conversations and have <br />
a beer or two. I never order the same beer, so it's a little adventure. Some days after work, I'll hit the beach for an hour or so. Other <br />
times my wife and will take a trip to the dog park. A visit to home improvement stores, and a home project is a nice diversion. I leave <br />
work behind at the end of a shift, and enjoy the remaining hours of the day. It's the little diversions that get me through the week.

Best Answer

because work can be very stressful

Best Answer

Oh, don't get me started. I almost quit a few days ago.

Best Answer

hang in there, we all get those days. Only quit when you have found another one :-)

Best Answer

If you're anything like me, you've had enough of work and want to enjoy some of life before its too late

Best Answer

Exactly. I didn't see myself being in this position at this point in my life and it's very frustrating and unsatisfying.

Best Answer

I am stuck because of personal circumstances. Plan A was to sell up when my wife retired (3 years ago) and move away to a cheaper place to enable me to retire early. looks like I'm working until at least 60 now :(

Best Answer