Why is that? Why am i always looking for the next best thing? I feel selfish, ungrateful, and waiting for the day where I regret this type of behavior. hard to admit, but often I think Im better than others when i'm not.... i'm arrogant and think i'm someone i'm not. i can't make decisions. i say i want to do something or go somewhere, when it comes down to it, i back out or change my mind.... i can never stick with it. i'm constantly dreaming, fantasizing about another lifestyle that i think im going to get one day. im never living in the present. and time is just flying and am not enjoying the present.. i'm finally engaged and what happens, im not sure if i want him. i feel like there might be someone out there better for me, or someone i will love more.. anyone else out there like me?!
confused2112 confused2112 26-30, F 3 Answers Mar 14 in Community

Its quite a common "girl thing" . Women aren't that hard to figure. They only want one of two things, speaking in general terms. More, and Something Else. They find something they like and keep wanting more of it, right up to the moment they want something else, which they find and then want more of that. I have no idea why it is so, but as a working hypothesis it works well. <br />
All we guys have to do is figure out exactly when this change is going to come about and anticipate the next need. So don't feel bad. There are lots out there like you. They just never reach a steady state where "Enough is Enough" and they can relax and enjoy it like most guys.

Best Answer

I can relate to those feelings. I am bipolar. Sounds like you could be having a hypomanic or possibly a mixed episode where you have symptoms of both mania and depression at the same time. <br />
Manic - you feel you are better than everyone else, fantasizing about a better life<br />
Depressed - difficulty making decisions, backing out on plans<br />
I've had those moments before.

Best Answer

this is been going on for a year though, ever since i got engaged..

Best Answer

Did the engagement trigger it?

Best Answer

He is as good as he will be. Can you picture a future with him? if yes, work on for filling that future. If not, stop leading him on. It is not an easy decision one way or the other, but give it some thought, and then follow through. You recognize your short comings, which is great. So you are better then you think :)

Best Answer