In a world where equality is the most important thing, I don't quite understand how this doesn't apply to relationships. Why is it when I say things he says "No!" but if someone else says exactly what I just said he says "Yes!" ? is it because I'm a female?
PoetbyNature PoetbyNature 18-21 18 Answers Feb 10, 2011

Ha...Sorry. Women are every bit as foul as men...in every way. In fact... I could even argue that when it comes to relationships women can be far MORE vicious than men. Anyway...HA!

Best Answer

Oh please... Wise up.

Best Answer

So you think of yourself as not having them? That is probably the same ignorance that caused you to fail to see the world for what it is. No one applies the rules to themselves if they do not have to.

Best Answer

Because they're just like women in that respect?

Best Answer

Right or wrong, its called fighting fire with fire.

Best Answer

People only have double standards when they can get away with it. If they're called on it early and often, they either keep quiet about 'em, or stop having them. A lot of people are too timid or shy to say anything, but it's worth confronting this issue. Most people learn eventually or they drift away and take their misery with them, and either way works.

Best Answer

Not for a moment do I believe women have less double standards. From what you describe I believe your guy has some emotional hangups left over from previous relationships that he needs to get behind him.

Best Answer

Because we are basicly we are confused idiots!! hehe

Best Answer

Two questions: Who said equality is the most important thing, and who said it, in fact, exists? Equality is nothing more than a concept that was fabricated back in the 1960s.

Best Answer

(I always find it interesting that people decide an asker is being sexist when asking a question like this. Just because you are asking why males have double standards doesn't mean you are saying that females don't......your next question could be "why do females have double standards?" and that question wouldn't be sexist either! You have to be really careful how you phrase questions on EP to keep people from reading things into them.....lol.)<br />
Anyway, back to your question.....being female, I don't know what the answer is. The last guy I was involved with had some really superficial ones....he was overweight, very critical, used foul language, and generally stingy with his affection. Yet he wanted a woman who was size 0-5, completely accommodating, affectionate, accepting of all his flaws, and very well mannered. It was kind of bizarre how far he went into the hypocritical zone! He even admitted to it, and without any shame.<br />
If you are talking about how some men have double standards about women, then I think it is, for the most part, what they are taught by society. They are taught that women are supposed to keep themselves up. Dress attractively. Be sexually available. Smell good. Be a bit like standin mothers in meeting a man's needs. And men aren't so often taught that they should meet a woman's needs in a similar way. They seem to assume that a woman will accept them, warts and all. And, more often than not, women do. Women need men in a way that men do not need women. And with that working to their advantage, it is easier for men to have certain expectations of women that they do not uphold for themselves.<br />
Sad, but true.

Best Answer

yes and we are the one who get the ****** end of the stick haha

Best Answer

I'm with kingdan on this. And, its really hard to comment on your questions when you don't provide any details.

Best Answer

Because there are Our Rules, and everything else.

Best Answer

women do too, men may be a bit more prone to spread the seed

Best Answer