It seems ironic that many burly men should need to strut around with powerful snarling dogs,constantly pulling on the lead to show who is boss, when really one would not want to tackle him under any circumstances any way. And women generally seem to be the more relaxed and in control and safe with a tiny so called lap dog. Any in-depth answers?
dougle dougle 66-70, M 18 Answers May 26, 2012

Small dogs are very annoying, I'd LOVE to have a Great Dane!

Best Answer

Fantastic dogs, but you would need plenty of room.

Best Answer

& LOTS of food!

Best Answer

I had one of those awesome pets..

Best Answer

I soo beg to differ I see many many men with small dogs I personally HATE little dogs they are annoying as hell yip yip yip bark at every little thing, but big dogs unless the breed is aggressive are mainly chilled and relaxed. I LOVE BIG DOGS>

Best Answer

So do I my dog weigh 200lbs and is only 16 mths old. English Mastiff. Not to offend any one..but I dig Big dogs... manly hunting type dogs..

Best Answer

I like beagles. Strong but small. I guess that makes me a cross-caniner.

Best Answer

Beagles rock... very loyal...

Best Answer

Yay!

Best Answer

I don't think that's even true. My boyfriend prefers small dogs, and I love rottweilers. I know lots of men who prefer small dogs, and lots of women who like big dogs.

Best Answer

Interestingly enough, my sons, who are very masculine, have chiuahuas... I'm the tiny one, and I have a Great Dane!

Best Answer

You go girl!!

Best Answer

LOL... She's a handful!

Best Answer

I like tiny dogs coz theyre easier to maintain, as id imagine.....

Best Answer

I like a medium size dog, just big enough to have a good play wrestle with. I don't want a big dog or tiny dog, not that there is anything wrong with them.

Best Answer

Because men are afraid they will attract unwanted attention of another man with a lapdog. :-) But I've seen many a straight man with a Chihuahua, a neck scarf and a Prius. Can most women handle a pulling Rottie? Highly unlikely. That and the motherly instinct are the reason. Babies are supposed to be cute, small and cuddly, and not look like cave bears. I also know that yappy small dogs are a result of upbringing, and not size. If you allow a large dog to be barky and bitey, someone might get eaten, and a small one -well, it's just an annoyance.

Best Answer

I dont see this stereo type much to be honest its really mixed with the dog walkers along the beach and dunes.

Best Answer

Maybe it`s just a UK thing?

Best Answer

I don't have a dog, but personally, I like the bigger dogs. I prefer the labs or goldens or German shepherds. I like English and French Mastiffs, too, but they are ginormous and I can't imagine ever affording to keep them in kibbles.

Best Answer

I have a cat, and she could claw any powerful dogs face to shreds

Best Answer

My dog loves cats... he has buddied up with the neighbor's...they rub all around between his legs.. it is so funny... they no know hes a big teddy bear... and when he lays down they make biscuits on his bake .. like giving him massage... no eye clawing here...

Best Answer