He's a kid- hang with him doing your own paper work- nudge him along the way-He'll become more invested if he's sees you are- Raised 5- worked with every one-was it a pain in my *** YUP- worth it- YUP- 2 in great colleges, Senior on honor roll- 5th grader- got the memo- total self-starter- Invest your time he'll see how important it is

Best Answer

You are right.I can feel this one...this totally would've helped me as a child.Your children are very lucky to have you:)

Best Answer

And it is true- boys are a bit harder- hand in- he'll get it

Best Answer

I have actually been taking this advice,Babz...it seems to be what he needs.Thank you!

Best Answer

Thanks for the BA- So glad it worked out

Best Answer

Because there is a "Prize" for being done with homework....and the penalty for cheating to get to it is not severe enough.... Change the game.

Best Answer

Absolutely,dude! I don't have time for this! 100% agree!

Best Answer

"Tis the nature of the Beast"....one of my sons I had to pay a homework Buddy to sit with him during homework so he'd finish it. His antics to stall the inevitable were so difficult, I had to get myself out of the equation. Worked wonders for our relationship too. BTW, he graduated from a great College years ago but, "Oh how your question brought me back to that time in our life".

Best Answer

This is not only a great idea (I've never even heard of a homework buddy) but sooo encouraging.You have no idea,thank you:)

Best Answer

Find an 8th grader or High School student willing to come in and get him settled down and do his homework while they are there. There soooo different with an outsider.

Best Answer

My son always says that he doesn't have any or is finished, but when I go online and print out the assignments and start asking him, he gets to work doing his assignments. It's just what kids do.

Best Answer

If it's what kids do then it's our job to make sure they don't keep doing it.Unless we want to have to keep looking over thier shoulders...who will they be when no one's watching? I don't want to become my son's conscience...I want him to have one on the inside.Atrue north that tells him the right thing to do when Im not there to babysit.I can hear his future wife thanking me now:) See my response to oscarrr2.

Best Answer

Do you have too?, im sure he would get himself into trouble by himself if he dosent do them. In school I mean. Learning it on his own why he should do them I ges.<br />
But also, maybe he dosent do them cause he thinks you dont trust him?, where it has sorta goten to a point where it all seems so pointless to him. More Importandly anyway, just sit down and talk with him, nicly. Ask him what he thinks and how he feels about things. Why he acts or do the things he does.

Best Answer

I trust based on track record...even a child is known by his ways.Its not my job to trust some one that is lying to me,even my own son.I won't give him the idea that I will trust him simply because he is blood.He will get the trust he earns.Trust is not a virtue...trustworthiness is.Stepping into a boat with a hole in it is nothing to boast about...but patching a hole so she's seaworthy is.

Best Answer

Because it works.

Best Answer

Not after today :)

Best Answer