justme4576 justme4576 51-55 5 Answers Aug 16, 2012 in Hobbies

Cuz they read all the Tourist Guides n then Googled it....

Best Answer

I must say, my entire knowledge of America is ba<x>sed largely on sitcoms and movies. But that's only made me want to go there and travel :) <br />
I have to admit, that due to media etc. I would (if I manage to get to the US) avoid the "redneck areas". Which is a shame because like anywhere there are bound to be lovely people and experiences to be had there. <br />
Buuuut I'm also brown.

Best Answer

I agree with you, easy to judge from the outside, especially with all the media coverage ( cause thats always gospel)! Whatever!

Best Answer

true, and some people think if they meet a few "rednecks", then the whole country is that way, every country has it's own minority of "rednecks"...

Best Answer

My father is migrated to Australia a long time ago, so I myself am far from being a redneck, LOL. Every country has there issues just not all publicised. We do have a very good immagration program and help lots of people. I worked in a humanitarian organisation and saw it first hand. I do think its very sad, but what is the answer to control it?? I dont know.

Best Answer

By the wondeful and distorted stereotypical media representation of an entire culture distilled into a brief moment.

Best Answer

yes...shows how some people are easily lead...

Best Answer

easily led and satisfied to except a narrow view of an entire people rather than have to think about it. Part of the root for bigotry and racism. many nations are fed a negative and continuous flow of distorted news/programmes showing the west as all being sexually diseased and decadent to the point of madness. Just as many in the west are given the idea certain countries and religions are ALL evil and violent. Its a war of lies that too often leads to real conflict and thats when the innocent suffer.

Best Answer