caramelLova1 caramelLova1 31-35, F 7 Answers Oct 21, 2012 in Politics

I believe, by law, employers are mandated to give you a perscribed allotment of time to vote.

Best Answer

If I recall, employers are required to give employees upto 3 consecutive hours to vote. For many people, polling stations are open long enough that they don't have to leave early/show up late to vote. Some people have shifts where they do have to take advantage of the law though

Best Answer

I believe they only are supposed to let you leave if your regular quitting time doesn't give you a full 3 hours to vote before the polling stations are closed. At least that's how it is here.

Best Answer

It depends on the job most likely! Some jobs are easier at making concessions with letting employees come and go than other jobs!

Best Answer

Probably depends on what kind of hours their employees work. If they are working during polling hours, they would need to leave work so they can vote.

If someone works 9 to 5, they would have plenty of time to get to the polls without time off ... for example.

Best Answer

fast food and retail out of the mix id say because people are people and its not clearly defined who would let whom go vote

Best Answer