luckylassie luckylassie 51-55, F 8 Answers Apr 24, 2012

Those type of men seem to think the world owe's them a favour and never put worth into a relationship.

Best Answer

Wrapped up in self pity lol
the victim. True

Best Answer

I'm only going to address your question. I don't want to begin a debate about men vs. women...<br />
I believe that 'men say they love respectable women but they don’t respect women' because they tend to hold women to a different set of standards than they hold themselves to. "Do as I say -- not as I do" would apply.

Best Answer

so they get these standards from where?

Best Answer

My guess is that these standards are set by the histories and experiences from their own childhood. Possibly watching the interactions of their own parents -- the dynamics between their own mother and father. Mommy did everything for her family -- probably worked like a dog and was probably treated and spoken to worse than the dog. And Daddy was... a jerk (loosely termed, but it's the best I could do without being vulgar).

Best Answer

agh, is this most men? :S

Best Answer

as you just said, they dont respect women. the only reason they love respectable women is because they can manipulate them.

Best Answer

So true i have met guys like that
in the past, selfish and insecure,
usually have underlying issues. As a woman i know
to stay clear of guys like that.

Best Answer

i think i get it "respectable women" are just anyones own interpretation. !

Best Answer

good for you, figured it out

Best Answer

Cause even the most low-life 'users' have standards.

Best Answer

that's funny, its all relative?

Best Answer

Depends what you are referring to as disrespectful. If its abuse, that is unacceptable. There are many men who don't get it when it comes to how to handle a woman the way we need to be loved. They think they have shown us love and made us happy for the time. Then when we realize they are not really in-love with us, but just showed us some love, we get all bent out of shape, and they wonder why they just got hit over the head with a frying pan. Many men think there is nothing wrong with loving women like this when they are looking for the one who will capture their heart. If what he wants is a respectable woman, then beware. They know what they are doing. We need to know what we are doing too. Since many women tend to bond when we are shown love, this is a good reason why we need to not give all of ourselves too much too fast. Give a little at a time, each time watch to see how he shows you the worth he sees in you. Then give a little more and watch again how he shows you. You will know better if you are valued. The mind can see clearer for what the relationship is, how well we are really valued, and we can make responsible decisions on which way the relationship should move.

Best Answer

i think that was my mistake. i didnt slow down for a second and now...

Best Answer

Modonna Complex

Best Answer