Some seem as though they were born to rule, to conquer, and take over this world. Strong willed, minded, and opinionated. And then others seem quite content to keep it simple, and just make it by, Why? What causes this difference? Is there an ambition pill out there? Please ..I can't get out of this slump, and am terribly jealous of those that are happy. I've had a hard life, but never thought I would end up bitter. </3
elliexxlights elliexxlights 26-30, F 13 Answers Dec 26, 2012 in Community

Because we all have themes in life, and they all serve purposes.

Best Answer

We are all different and have certain things we are good at and lots that we aren't so good. Sounds like all you need is more friends to encourage you to put some effort into the things you are really good at so you can feel a lot better as you make a real difference to others :)

Best Answer

Some people have parents who pat them on the back and say "you can do it (insert Childs name)" Other people have parents who when they do well tell their kids they should have done better. Who seem to always find faults in their kids and make a big song and dance performance reminding them about it again and again. Some parents will never encourage their kids.

For some parents the cup is always half full, for others the cup is always half empty. It is not surprising then that kids brought up in the cup is half filled household are more outgoing and willing to give life a full go while kids who grow in the cup is always half empty households end up knowing all the reasons why they will never make it and why they should not waste their time in trying for something.

Best Answer

I have noticed the difference. I call the simple people "plastic". I think it depends on how they were raised. My stepfather beat it into my head to never give up and that I can do anything if I put my mind to it and because of that I have strong WILL and motivation to challenge the way people think. My stepfather always challenged me to think about the choices I made.

Best Answer

but I was raised exactly like that...but I was adopted, and born with a hodgpodge of drugs in my system. Believe what you want, I believe firmly that has a lot to do with the way I am now. Nature over nurture?

Best Answer

I didn't know there was a gene for WILL.

Best Answer

I think your question shows that you are not content to be one of the worker-bees and that is the most important element of those who rise above. Find some mentors, read lots of books, put yourself in situations that create opportunities.

Best Answer

I don't know I've tried shaking my bro but just doesn't work

Best Answer

I like both happy and simple and being submissive rules out being a ruler at least for me it does. Others can do it however.

Best Answer