halbert halbert 46-50, M 19 Answers Nov 6, 2012 in Politics

makes NO sense....~:-/

Best Answer

No. I had to show my state driver’s license and voters registration card, just like everyone else in Virginia. Only people who have an issue with this, are those people trying to vote more than once. Period.

Best Answer

Some states do and some states don't. Crazy but true.

Best Answer

It is unreasonable to put restrictions on what types of IDs are acceptable so that you significantly lower voter participation of any particular demographic.

Best Answer

government IDs can be made cheap or even free. Isn't that better than illegals voting and people double voting?

Best Answer

Not everyone who wants to and is eligible to vote has the opportunity to get those IDs or is even aware that they need one.

Best Answer

It's not unreasonable to ask that a voter be able to prove they are who they say they are. Nor is it, in any significant way, a hardship to obtain a state or federal ID, which are acceptable forms of ID.

Best Answer

Then why are eligible voters turned away from the polls for not having the proper ID? And why are you okay with that?

Best Answer

@ the Cylon. I'm not sure if you are talking to me this time but Just to let you know. I'm NOT ok with eligible voters getting denied. (Don't put words in my mouth.)

Best Answer

Then don't defend the recent voter ID laws, that is the only thing that they actually do.

Best Answer

I understand your point but I disagree. My point is that when you don't require ID it makes it easier for ineligible voters to vote and multiple types of voter fraud. You say that it creates a hardship on some people to get an ID and that they will not get to vote. I don't think it's that much of a hardship. Can you show me any specific hardship to obtaining an ID?

Best Answer

The democrats want all the illegals to vote for them with the promise of amnesty. There is no other justification.

Best Answer

Because showing ID makes it difficult to vote two times. It makes it hard to allow the felons to vote. It prevents the illegals from voting. It is that simple. Just ask Al Sarpten

Best Answer

Not unreasonable and expected.

Best Answer

Think about the process of getting an ID, what do you need? You need a birth certificate or a social security card, bills in your name, etc etc. and in almost all states IDs cost money. For people who come from disadvantaged backgrounds these things are not readily available. You're right, you do have to show ID I the modern world A LOT. But it's a privilege to drive, fly and enter buildings- its a right to vote. And since there have been no serious documented occurances of voter fraud, tightening the requirements does nothing but prevent legal citizens from exercising their rights. <br />
Also it's against the US constitution to implement a poll tax- so if IDs cost money then requiring them is unconstitutional.

Best Answer

Then they cannot cash the checks from the government. Think of the savings.

Best Answer

It's not unreasonable ...........unless it's suddenly an issue for those worried about losing the votes ! <br />
If the police stop you they can take you to jail and hold you until they can establish who you are.

Best Answer

In Canada we always show ID to vote, I can see why some people in the US have a problem with it.

Best Answer

I have always shown mine even when they don't ask. It is reasonable to ask because it makes it a bit more certain a person is not making the rounds voting at all the local precincts.

Best Answer

Because in theory at least ithe citizen has more authority then the government under the constitution and bill of rights.

Best Answer

No - one person one vote is the law and people live under it.

Best Answer

No, the authority of the law is derived from the people. government of the people, for the people, by the people. It is Our servant not the other way around.

Best Answer

not at the grocery store! You don't need ID there!

Best Answer

If you cash a check there you will! LOL

Best Answer

ppl should be allowed to vote twice?..

Best Answer