Asianphaser0005 Asianphaser0005 18-21, M 12 Answers Sep 22, 2013 in Community

People are stupid. You need a hug?

Best Answer

Well,different people have different accents..some people just try to make people looked like an idiot while they ,themselves feel happy about it..

Best Answer

People make assumptions, and they've prolly assumed you don't know English that well. My first question would be "That's a totally SWEET accent. Where ya from?". Then,(of course), I'd have to ask if you speak any other languages, which would then lead to me attempting to learn some of that/those language(s). (That's me, lol!)

Best Answer

what kind of accent do you have? if you sound like you slur your words they may think you're impaired. if you sound like you don't have a good command of the English language they may be speaking slowly so you understand them- also some people think someone who can't speak their language is dumb, no matter what other languages they are fluent in.<br />
are one of these the problem?

Best Answer

I have an Asian accent but l
do have a lisp whenever I speak English.

Best Answer

can you give me an example of words and how you say them?

Best Answer

Hehehehe. Well I produce okay like "okie " and sorry like "sowey " but I have a lisp too so I produce my S's like "th"

Best Answer

do you say expressions wrong?

Best Answer

Your response is merely stating your ignorance. How do you know what others think actually most people i have encountered dos not think that way. I suppose i know educated people who know better than to respond with such a derogatory comment. Ha i see people when they drink they slur their words, they must be the idiots lol

Best Answer

Do you have an idiotic accent? Or do you talk to idiots.<br />
Think about that.<br />
English is not my native language - does that make me an idiot? How many native English speakers speak my language without an idiotic accent?<br />
Don't scare away

Best Answer

No I don't have a idiotic accent. XD

Best Answer

I read that there was a psychological reason for communication. I got that all the time when I was in the US because I have a strong Australian accent.

Best Answer

I live in Australia too! *^▁^*

Best Answer

Dude, I'd LOVE to hear your accent!!

Best Answer

Haha it's great to listen to until you have to try and understand it!

Best Answer

I don't have an accent and people still talk to me like I'm an idiot all the time. I wouldn't take it personally that people have stereotypes.

Best Answer

They are ignorant they do not understand that it takes time to master another language. And your accent will fade after many years. I would like to see them do it, when i first came here some girl said she can not speak properly, i had been in the country for 3 months from a non English speaking background. I was like that is nice??????

Best Answer

People are weird- because i look Chinese (I'm half Chinese0 people in England talk to me really slowly assuming i dont speak English well -confuses them when i respond in perfect collocuial English-lol

Best Answer

Hehehehehehe Yeah, that happened to me too once. A n American couple came up go me aNd said " sweetie, Do.... you... have... the.... time?! " they said itreally sslowly and were pointing to their wrists and I just said 4pm and they were like O_o

Best Answer

The other side of the coin is when i'm working in HK everyone says i speak Mando or Canto with an English accent- i cant win lol

Best Answer
Best Answer

Accents are hot - any kind. Don't let it bother you.

Best Answer

It doesn't bother me at all. ^___^ I think it's funny to see peoples reactions

Best Answer

Good. You're Asian? Well, I'm sure your intelligent enough not to let idiots affect your confidence. That was a bit racial... I guess, but come on... I'm being "real"- honest. That's all.

Best Answer

(=^.^=) Yeah I'm Asian.

Best Answer