Stupidity

Best Answer

The home awaits. John is long overdue for retirement, and the sooner the better. Getting involved in Syria is a mistake, one we'll pay for dearly. While abhorring the civilian deaths, I have to ask just who exactly are we going to funnel weapons too. I don't even think old John knows for sure.

Best Answer

Its what republicans do

Best Answer

John made the mistake of letting himself be pushed to the right by Goldwater (and his right-wing fans). They accused Johnson of being "weak on communism." After the massive build-up occurred, if the US had pulled out at the time, the accusation would have been, "He lost Vietnam to the Communists!"
Nixon, had a "secret plan" to "win the war." Of course, he couldn't reveal it until after his election.
I must have been part of Nixon's "secret plan," because that's when I got sent over....

Best Answer

Part of their plan to take over the world

Best Answer

The U.S. wants to take over Arabia to further world domination.

Best Answer

He is one of those control freak ********. He probably also owns stock in some company that is going to profit from more war. We should get rid of all career politicians. Term limits to only one term and then get out. Then we wouldn't have all the problems with the government that we have.

Best Answer

In other words, we should be governed by a bunch of rookies who will be controlled by their staff members and the well-financed lobbies?

Best Answer

No We should get rid of the lawyers and admiralty law. Go back to common law that everyone understands. Recognize the real 13th amendment and put the real people in office.

Best Answer

Because somebody needs to change the old mans diaper.

Best Answer

Maybe he actually is a decent person. Cause he was there last week in person. And probably saw with his own eyes how extremely beyond bad the situation is and someone, anyone needs to get in there or could get in there. And nobody wants Russia or Iran in there.<br />
And honestly probably most parts of the Arab world would be grateful for it at least Syria's neighbouring states.

Best Answer

True, maybe. And I agree that for example McCains idea about delivering weapons is the wrong one. But right now the whole world watches a whole country get emptied not even helping Syria's neighbouring countries to deal with the influx of millions of Syrian refugees. Maybe that would be the better start.

Best Answer

What's that old saying? "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." He is a decent person--in some areas.
I have known people with advanced senility who were quite decent; however, I wouldn't put them in positions of authority.
In "The Art of War," Sun Tsu advises leaders to draw their enemies INTO the place where they have the military advantage. AQ knew that the attacks on the WTC would likely draw us into their area(s) of strength and advantage at the time.
Iraq, despite--or even because of--our actions is beginning to fall back into its old patterns of sectarian violence and revenge killings.
Afghanistan, which we neglected in order to go into Iraq, is a money pit. Pakistan is untrustworthy, especially its intelligence service.
And the Syrian rebels, many of whom are Sunnis, would likely turn to widespread throat slitting of the hated Alawites (Assad's bunch).
Think about it. One can go online and see a Syrian rebel actually eating the lung of the Assad soldier he killed.
And we're going to throw in with that bunch??

Best Answer

franklyspeaking: I agree. Good intentions are often bad. And it's not like the Syrian rebels are the better side. Neither are they the worse side than Assad's though.

Best Answer

If "most parts of the Arab world would be grateful for it," then let those "most parts" or "neighbouring states" take the lead. Some of them have huge amounts of petrodollars that could be used--not to mention the latest fighter-bombers and other up-to-date hardware...
The West is deluding itself if it thinks that a modern-day crusade inserted into the middle of what amounts to a family fight will improve things.
Those who get into the middle of family fights often get their tails kicked by both sides.

Best Answer

Actually, the US is funneling LOTS of money to Jordan to help finance refugee accommodations--which is still cheaper than going militarily.

Best Answer

Just stupid that its not enough. Jordan even closed their borders. Not letting any more refugees. All those refugees are now stranded in border towns in Syria almost receiving no help at all only MSF seems to be there. And Lebanon with only 4million lebanese inhabitants and already 2million palestinians in refugee camps now has almost 1million syrian refugees and more coming.

Best Answer

Because the blood of thousands (Including his own countrymen) means nothing to a psychotic uber-capitalist with money and natural resources on his mind. He forgets that it was thinking like his that caused the rise of Osama bin Laden. I personally support the government of Syria (In as far as this 'rebellion' goes) As I don't like the idea of their opposition being in power. The 'rebels' are Islamic fanatics who have caused thousands of Christians and other non-Muslims to flee Syria.

Best Answer

I agree the rebels should not be glorified like some people do. But Assad has the support of Iran and Hezbollah. How is that the better side?! And the whole war also made several Million flee, not only thousands. And not only Christians and other non-Muslims.

Best Answer

Better the devil we know. Besides, if an opposition force that actually represented real democracy and freedom were to arise, I'd be right behind them. But these guys don't, and they have links with Al-Qaeda militants, who are as bad as (if not worse than) Hezbollah. true that Millions have fled, but I was just highlighting the sectarian nature of the 'rebel' force.

Best Answer

I agree. Except that the sectarian nature of this war is probable more and mostly a Sunni vs. Shia kind of thing.

Best Answer

I am not John McCain, so how can I possibly answer accurately?

Best Answer

Maybe I should have followed the word "Why" with ("in your opinion"). Generally, we're asking for people's opinions.

Best Answer

What value is an opinion in something like this? It gives no real information. After all we can be sure that he knows more about the situation than we do.

Best Answer