hajues hajues 18-21 14 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Religion

I think hurricane Sandy shows us how small and fragile we are in this universe.

Best Answer

true but you can also say that about any natural disaster that is potentially life threatening

Best Answer

We can't rule this world. There are things much more powerful than us out there.

Best Answer

I personally believe in what the Bible says about this topic. We all are entitled to our opinions, even when others' don't agree with our own. I am not debating, just sharing my opinion.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.”

Best Answer

yes i have read the bible and if you choose to agree with that than you can but for me being a christian-buddhist i feel the urge to explore the secrets of the universe and the earth

Best Answer

Christianity and Buddhism are not compatible. If you've believed in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then that alone rules out all other religions. You can't mix them. If you do then I find it hard to believe that you're a Christian in any sense of the word. I feel the urge to explore the world and the universe without any help from "Buddhism" or anything else. God gave mankind the earth to rule over, but we gave that rule over to Satan by submitting to him in the Garden of Eden. Jesus Christ defeated both Death and Satan when he rose from the grave and when he returns I can promise you Buddhism will not have any part in his kingdom when he officially takes ownership and rule over the earth.

Best Answer

and what about judaism

Best Answer

In what sense are you asking? Are you asking if they are compatible?

Best Answer

if one religion is not compatible with another then no religion is compatible with any other religion.

Best Answer

That's correct. Christianity at its core is a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Nothing else is compatible. Christians are saved through faith in Christ to do good works, not because of them. The "religion" that Christianity teaches is found in James 1:27, "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." Christianity is the only faith which says "done," while all other religions say "do." All you have to do is believe on Christ and turn from sin, and you are saved. After you are saved, simply prove your salvation through your works so that others will see the change in you and God can use you to draw them to faith in Christ as well.

Best Answer

The only good things we've ever done benefit nothing else on the planet apart from humans. So I'd say we are primarily selfish. Even individually we're all Selfish people.

Best Answer

Even so, we are still superior.

Best Answer

Are you? If I put you in a room, with nothing but the things you could invent yourself, against a fully grown Lion. We'll see who is superior...

Best Answer

You do realize their are folks that could easily kill a lion with materials found in nature, right? We were doing it long before we invented much else. And severely handicapping one side doesn't produce real results. Put a fully grown lion in a room that's locked and throw in the key, then we'll see who is superior! See how that doesn't work?

Best Answer

There are very few people who could kill a lion with just natural resources. Every account of modern man coming face to face with a lion with no weaponry or such, they are killed. Especially in Zoo's and compounds as such. Literally a man being stuck in a room with a lion, like I said.

Best Answer

We are the most superior on this planet as far as manipulating our envirorment but on the other side of the same coin our inteligence is destroying us or turning us into something more or possably less than humans.

Best Answer

i feel that the native Americana's had it right, that we should only take what me need and give thanks to the life that was ended so that me may eat. humans are way to selfish for their own good, even anime's know to stay in their own territory's so that they don't mess with the balance of things. " just because you can doesn't mean you should", something that i live by and respect anyone else who lives by it as well.

Best Answer

true. they were right. i belive in yin and yang

Best Answer

Unless the animal feels like they can take on the animal, then it will kill to overtake that territory. And this only applies in line with the natural hierarchy of said animals, which is determined by might. Does a grizzly bear hesitate to enter the territories of wolves bagders foxes squirrels? Not one bit. And if any of those animals attempt to challenge the bear, the bear will kill them out of lack of any respect whatsoever.

Best Answer

very true

Best Answer

That would be the best way to live but the powers that be have forced us into a society that living like that is impossable.

Best Answer

It's hubris to assume man is here to rule the world.

Best Answer

I think you should eat a vegan diet if you want to put your money where your mouth is.

Best Answer

we are evolved. every animal kills. we just have the ability to mourn for the ones we kill. and sometimes appreciate their sacrifice.

Best Answer

Umm... yes we are.

Best Answer

Yes...you are right.

Best Answer

Yes we are :o

Best Answer