I don't even smoke the stuff, but the idea that something beneficial is outlawed and something utterly destructive is not, is infuriating to me. Plus cannabis is causing people in high authority to do very bad things simply by keeping it illegal.

Best Answer

I haven't studied it. It just seems so incredibly popular- an actual sort of movement- that I'm trying to get a handle as to why.

Best Answer

Well it's one of the worlds most useful plants, and the euphoria is enjoyable. I suppose it's the same thing as what happened to booze during prohibition.

Best Answer

it is a cool drug,

Best Answer

"Cool", how?

Best Answer

it brings peace for awhile

Best Answer

The forbidden fruit is always more desirable. I bet if it was legal, the appeal would fade for a lot of people.

Best Answer

There are just so many Qs about it. It's so popular...I'm trying to figure out why. And what it is about it that people will continue to use it so often in spite of the legal issues.

Best Answer

no calorie high, no side effects except sleep and munchies...untapped resource...potential revenue stream...job creation in a big way...

Best Answer

"Untapped resource" in what way, other than economical? I am still trying to figure out why it's such a big thing with those who smoke it.

Best Answer

fabric, fuel, rope, cooking oil, birdseed, medicine, not just for pain relief and appetite stimulation either,

Best Answer

its safer than acholol and laws that make no sense make no sense.

Best Answer

I don't know...there are other laws that might not make sense, but not a "movement" about them so much...I guess I'm wondering what makes pot at the forefront in politics and society, even on here, so often.

Best Answer

ok fair enough.
because I want to get high without having to worry about a hang over or gaining weight like drinking does.
better?

Best Answer

I don't know about "better". Perhaps more honest.

Best Answer

maybe being high should be made illegal? or is it really just 'not that big of a deal' like jaywalking?

Best Answer

I have no idea...I've never been high. That's why I posed the Q, I suppose. Trying to understand why there's a sort of culture around marijuana.

Best Answer

well dont you think there is a difference between not being all that intrested in in doing something and making it illegal for anyone to try even though you are not intrested?

Best Answer

i havent been to a basketball game either and dont really see what the big deal is all about, therefore it should be illegal?

Best Answer

people like getting stoned and don't want to put themselves beyond the law.

Best Answer

It's the same question I get riding my Harley Davidson. Ya can't describe it unless ya try it....and if you have, maybe you know?

Best Answer

No....I like keeping my feet on the ground. lol. But I am wondering about the appeal it has to others.

Best Answer

Believe it or not, it can change your perscpective of reality......

Best Answer

Because if you have an incurable disease and the only thing the doctors can offer you is horrible addicting narcotics-it is a safe alternative not to mention the fact there are no victims in smoking grass.

Best Answer

So folks are attracted to a pot movement because of its value as a curative?

Best Answer

It does in fact have many medical uses especially helping anxiety, nausea, and depression. I seriously doubt I would go as far as to say it would help my pain as intense as it s, but it does also help pain, and no I don't smoke it, not since I was 17. But I have smoked my fair share of it in my teenage years and it worked great for anxiety.....I also know cancer patients do benefit from it when they are under going chemo treatments and suffer from loss of appetite and nausea. It is a much better choice than alcohol since alcohol cases cirrhosis of the liver.

Best Answer

It's not that important to me, since I don't smoke it, but in the absence of compelling reason to ban it (particularly in the context of alcohol and other, far worse presc<x>ription drugs being legal), it is contrary to my belief in freedom as default for it to be illegal. Furthermore, I'd rather my friends who do enjoy pot not have to risk being thrown in jail for using it.

Best Answer

Urgrrh, it' such a boring argument. I've rented a house out in the past to grow it, sell it - and have smoked a football field of it; but I've been given over a hundred leaflets about 'legalisation'. I don't care!!! If I want to take drugs, I know where to get them! I haven't done so for about ten years, but if I choose to do so (I probably won't), then that is my choice - I would rather not pay the tax.

Best Answer

I guess I'm just trying to figure out WHY it's such a movement or culture nowadays. If it's only about "relaxing" or what have you.

Best Answer

It's more about people not liking others telling them what to do vs. life-and-death importance of pot.

Best Answer

That's hard to apply though...since there are so many laws that regulate actions. The marijuana thing seems to be bigger than those or rebellion against authority in general.

Best Answer