How old is he? Maybe he's getting stressed. It sounds like most of his anger isn't directed at you personally anyway.<br />
Try to remain calm whatever the provocation. Anger feeds off anger.

Best Answer

He's 66. I know sometimes it's his eyesight. Sometimes I'll give him something to read, and he gets angry that he can't read it without his glasses. It's just that if he's in an angry mood, then he takes it out on me. Have any suggestions on how to make older men turn into less crotchity guys? I could only find crotchity on urban dictionary, but it's there.

Best Answer

I am wondering if he had started any new medications in these years? They can have quite an effect on how a person feels and also, does he have an undiagnosed health issue which may be causing this? At any rate, please don't take what he says personally and internalize it. When he yells at you, it is because most likely he feels safe to do so, and he is probably telling you what he is actually feeling about himself? If it gets to you, I'd leave until he can settle down, as you don't need to be a whipping post.

Best Answer

You need to talk to him and find out what exactly is eating at him. Its not just age, you can be sure of that.

Best Answer

I'm sorry that you're going through this. You really need to seek some professional advice. Start with asking your doctor or, maybe, a geriatric specialist. <br />
My parents are both in their mid-70s and I 've noticed that they get much more agitated at things now than they used to. Part of it is just getting Old and having pain all over (hips, back, knees, hands, etc...) They also feel less productive and less useful to society. Plus, they begin to have their friends and loved ones start dying off and it depresses them. <br />
You shouldn't let this go on much longer without some kind of help. Other siblings and family really need to be involved so that you don't shoulder this burden all alone.<br />
If you don't take care of yourself, you won't be able to take care of others.

Best Answer

Thanks for the support. I truly need it.

Best Answer