Actually he treated me more like a punching bag, not a rock.
LittIeWingsOfRo LittIeWingsOfRo 13-15, F 4 Answers Dec 27, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Maybe because you are growing up. You are at a transitional age, maybe he is trying to treat you accordingly?

Best Answer

I dunno, i just met him like 2 or 3 months ago...

Best Answer

So did he treat you like a rock before he went to jail and now you've just met him? Or you mean you've seen a change only in the last few months?Sorry just trying to catch up.

Best Answer

He treated me like a punching bag the first month, and then he went to jail for a month, and when he came back he still treated me like a punching bag, and then my mum died, he was a little nicer to me... And then I tried to kill myself, and now he treats me like I am a human.

Best Answer

I am very sorry for your loss, that is a lot for anyone to deal with in such a short time. Maybe your dad realized he has to step up and be a better parent to you. I really hope the humane treatment is permanent. Whatever is happening he shouldn't be abusing you. Please message me if you ever need someone to talk with.

Best Answer

Meh, I dont care that she is dead, I am just a little upset now cause I have to buy my own food. Oh, maybe....

Best Answer

Still, I am very sorry you are having such a difficult time. Things will look up for you even if it is hard to believe it right now.

Best Answer

tough love

Best Answer

No idea? Have you changed recently? Has he had a near death experience?

Best Answer

Well, he was in jail for a little while...

Best Answer

Maybe that gave him a new perspective on things.

Best Answer

Hm, hopefully. I think he maybe just doesnt want to go there again.

Best Answer

Perhaps he realized he was wrong in treating you like a rock.

Best Answer