I was in depression almost recovered, and am now relapsing badly.
PeggySue22 PeggySue22 18-21 13 Answers Aug 31, 2009

When things settle down, there is less to occupy our minds-thus the demons in our mind come out to play.

Best Answer

More time to think at night, plus it's dark and gloomy. Also sunlight is known to lift the mood, so at night your mood could be dipping. I wonder if perhaps you may have S.A.D. - seasonal affective disorder - ask your doc about this, particularly if your depression lifted during the spring/summer months and returned as Autumn draws near. You can get a light box which will help. Just a thought, but it's worth looking into - it's very common apparently. Good Luck xx

Best Answer

Two reasons I have come to realise:<br />
- You have more time and mental energy to focus on how crap you are feeling, you're no longer distracted by your daily tasks so all these suppressed thoughts now come to the forefront.<br />
- Chemical levels and hormones in the body become depleted (especially early mornings as you awaken) with a natural tendency to bring you down.

Best Answer

I wish I could tell you why.<br />
Mine is usually worse in the mornings.

Best Answer

Probably because there is a lack of light and you are not around other people so you can brood over your thoughts without interruptions. I have the same problem, but I just use the old mindblock technique aand I'm fine. I hope this helps! (Just in case your wondering, I'm 13, not 20 like it says on my profile. Don't know how I messed thaqt one up!)

Best Answer

Because light affects mood. In the lack of light you have no positive input and your mind is focused on internal stimuli of dark thoughts. I allowed myself to remain in a state of depression for several years. Sometimes nights contained terror. I've discovered a twelve step group focused on my most troubling thoughts, with a society of people sharing similar problems who you can open up to has done wonders. I no longer have depression, am much for productive, and have much greater hope for the future.

Best Answer

Mine is the other way around. Sorry...

Best Answer

cuz you aren't as busy with work and routines to occupy your mind.

Best Answer