use this:<br />
http://www.etymonline.com/

Best Answer

um...what words? English is not your first language that you have to look up that many?

Best Answer

For an example when I use a Sankrit word. "Vedic" Been around for ages. Half of Dictionaries I find these words, but now in our modern tools on the Internet. Not Listed. I'm Dyslexia with grasping any language. My Spell checker underlined my Sanskit words. But I have them correct.

Best Answer

Ok..I got you now. It is very frustrating isn't it? I think part of the problem is that many spell checkers are not designed to work in multiple languages at one time, let alone in lanuages that are "dead" and unused. So finding one that has a base of words that large is going to be difficult at very best..for all the technology we have..you may end up sitting with a pile of actual books if you are going to use anything that goes that far back.

Best Answer

English is a living thing. Words get added and words get dropped. It's always changing. Have you read the book 1984?

Best Answer