It seems the more I try to find words in Dictionaries, Thesauruses or/and Spell Checkers and know I have some of my Words correct. In these Modern times they are not Listed. Why has all this Reference become So Moron? (Not Helpful)? Its So Frustrating in these times that we can't get better Technology for a Broader Word Search and Find with Dictionaries, Thesauruses and Spell Checkers. What's with this Regression? It Annoys Me!
ChakraSolipsismMGP ChakraSolipsismMGP 56-60, M 5 Answers Sep 4, 2012 in Community

use this:<br />
http://www.etymonline.com/

Best Answer

um...what words? English is not your first language that you have to look up that many?

Best Answer

For an example when I use a Sankrit word. "Vedic" Been around for ages. Half of Dictionaries I find these words, but now in our modern tools on the Internet. Not Listed. I'm Dyslexia with grasping any language. My Spell checker underlined my Sanskit words. But I have them correct.

Best Answer

Ok..I got you now. It is very frustrating isn't it? I think part of the problem is that many spell checkers are not designed to work in multiple languages at one time, let alone in lanuages that are "dead" and unused. So finding one that has a base of words that large is going to be difficult at very best..for all the technology we have..you may end up sitting with a pile of actual books if you are going to use anything that goes that far back.

Best Answer

English is a living thing. Words get added and words get dropped. It's always changing. Have you read the book 1984?

Best Answer