FurryFace FurryFace 56-60, M 5 Answers Jan 9 in Community

Pi is an absolute value.

Best Answer

to what degree ? , the numbers keep going no matter how defines we think it is

Best Answer

Pi is a constant value defined by the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter. The fact that it cannot be expressed exactly as a decimal is neither here nor there. One-third is a constant number which cannot be expressed exactly as a decimal, either, but that does not stop you using one-third in a mathematical calculation, does it?

Best Answer

golly ! , your right Professor !

Best Answer

It's close enough for government work lol<br />
Whether or not it has a finite "absolute value" has no bearing on whether or not it's useful. The level of accuracy required is determined by the level at which you're modeling, really. <br />
i.e. Two decimals might suck for quantum physics, but it works well enough in most Newtonian calculations.

Best Answer

well that explains it

Best Answer

22/7 is absolute value. The question of it's absoluteness surfaces when you choose to divide it. 3.14..... etc

Best Answer

is the true area of a circle really known ? , when its center is not really defined , only to a point

Best Answer

Yes. You have to apply 'Limit theory'. You first divide the circle into infinitesimal sectors and then as the as n--> 0 , and so on.

Best Answer

I mean 'add the as n--> 0, and so on'

Best Answer

ha ha reminds me of the good old days programming mathematical expressions on GWBasic and running the program to show its values represented by Alpha Numeric strings

Best Answer

3.14 is considered universal PI. Depending on how many decimal places you go out will determine the full accuracy of a calculation. The accuracy increases for each digit start to get so small though that it doesn't really matter.

Best Answer

did you know that using a circles radius on a compass arcing the circumference of the circle using the arc points as the next needle point to arc the circumference again until all arcs along the circumference are equidistant from themselves and then draw line segments to the center point of the Circle , the cirlce will be divided into 6 equal portions , always

Best Answer

Yeah. That makes 6 sectors of 60 degrees each . Wonder how it puts absoluteness of Pi in question.

Best Answer

it doesn't , i thought it was just unique , oh well , hey check out my Magic Circle Puzzle in my stuff folder , my Master Piece , now how to make money with it ?

Best Answer

Okay :).

Best Answer

because its close enough............

Best Answer

yeah true , i was just bored a bit

Best Answer

I know.........................yawn.....................same here...

Best Answer