puremonopoly puremonopoly 26-30 21 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in WTK

LMAO

Best Answer

I hope you mean that sarcastically! :P

Best Answer

Keep on hoping. Have you read the news today. search for the term layoff bomb detonated. He will go down in history for some records in the last 25 years. Not the best president. Now you have to sleep in the bed that was mad.

Best Answer

I too have announced layoffs in my company as a result of obamas promises he made in the campaign. I will add to my outsourcing effective Dec 3. Hopefully for the American workforce, he was bluffing because he has been called on it.

Best Answer

=_= I want your workforce to have massive layoffs if you can't compete effectively. I would rather see your business fail and a stronger business take its place. That's called progress!

Best Answer

I will have same amount of people. I am just laying off the ones here. my revenue will be higher but the costs will be less % people and more % taxes. It is going to be like this all across America. You really are ignorant about the obama backlash. Small and large business will do this. You obviously live in a shell with no information about what is going to go on now. sad for you. Me? I am progressing very well and will do better every years thank you.

Best Answer

April Fools isn't for months, friend.

Best Answer

What?! April Fools? :o I most certainly know when April Fools is! I will be celebrating it the day you have an intelligent response to a simple question.

Best Answer

Sure thing. He isn't probably the best president in any amount of time.

Best Answer

hmm... you're on your way! However, what are your arguments that agree to your views? I really do want April Fools to be sooner than later if you can humor me with logic.

Best Answer

His party had complete control of the White house, Senate, and HoR, but he still couldn't accomplish what he blatantly promised to do. Furthermore, his handling (read: outright lying) of Benghazi was criminal at the least.

Best Answer

He's a pragmatist and politics has been dominated by ideologues for the last half century who don't even comprehend the value of pragmatism. If he does even better over the next four years he'll go down in history as one the greatest presidents either, but like a lot of the greats his contributions may only be fully appreciated by later generations.

Best Answer

I think that I understand what you're saying and if what I'm assuming you're writing I have comprehended correctly... I agree with you. Otherwise, you lost me at, "pragmatist." 0_o

Best Answer

Unlike ideologues pragmatists care more about what works than what is "true" or "right" or "correct". For example, to a lot of republicans entitlements are simply wrong and have to go whether it's feasible to do so or not. Obama is more concerned with getting done what can be done which is why he keeps succeeding when others fail. He's a sharp guy, but even the sharpest can fail when they let ideology come between them and achieving whatever is possible. As the Buddhists like to say, "Don't confuse the finger pointing at the moon with the moon itself" and he doesn't.

Best Answer

Wow! Very well said. :) I do agree with you completely and thank you for helping me understand what you meant. Your response was very well written and greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

I think Obama is one of the coolest presidents, and he definitely has the coolest family. But Clinton was a better "people person". Then again, Clinton signed nafta...

Best Answer

What exactly is cool about him? He plays basketball and bows to foreign leaders. Wow.

Best Answer

Why are you not a supporter of NAFTA? :o

Best Answer

Uh, he sings Al Green. He talks about how much he loves his daughters. He writes speeches about how he's grown to love his wife more on the campaign trail. He calls Kanye West a jackass. He told Romney to "please proceed. governor."

Best Answer

Please tell me you didn't vote..

Best Answer

I'd rather discuss political differences with people I disagree with, rather than suggest they be disenfranchised. ^.^

Best Answer

loll xD

Best Answer

Wait until he finishes his second term before putting a label on him, good or bad.

Best Answer

Eeeh. So far he's been really good so I'll maybe only put half of the label on and wait for the close of this term to decide completely!

Best Answer

Haters are gonna hate. Obama's far better than Bush ever was. That's what we know. Now, haters, proceed below. (aptly, "below")

Best Answer

lolll. This is so true. xD

Best Answer

You need a lobotomy. No sane person could possibly state what you just stated..must be troll..

Best Answer

Still scattering the ashes of the old GOP, I see. :)

Best Answer

What? I can't believe you people think he's actually doing a good job..what in the holy mother of fück are you doing? Listening to propaganda machines 24/7?

Best Answer

@Mdear: LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Nice one! :)

Best Answer

SilenceEvermore-- Instead of ranting, please state one *specific* thing Obama alone has done that upsets you.

Best Answer

I look at all the facts and base my reasoning on intelligent conclusions. I don't follow propaganda... The GOP won that race this Presidential Election. Too bad they were supposed to be trying to win the election. I guess they didn't get that memo! :)

Best Answer

I'll give you an easy one - How about increasing the debt by over 5 trillion? Now, tell me how that is in any way logical, do so without doing what Obama does and blaming Bush.

Best Answer

The fact that you call what led you to vote for Obama fact gathering and reasoning is rather disturbing.

Best Answer

Friend-- the economy sucked before Obama was in office. The debt was increased by 1.3 billion the first day he stepped in office. Most of the other money came from wars that were already started, and from a bailout that we desperately needed. Are you suggesting that Obama 1) should have immediately pulled out of all pre-existing conflicts and 2) should have let the economy collapse? Also, are you suggesting that debt matters? If so, you don't understand how macro-economic works.

Best Answer

Obama moved to afghanistan, prolonging the conflict. He approved his own budget as a senator, so don't give me that "the debt increased by 1.3 trillion when he stepped in" bullshít. He's the one that approved it. Thanks for not answering my question.

Best Answer

Friend-- I did answer your question. Please re-read my post. Yes, he already approved his budget. Again, the economy was already screwed up. That's not bullshit...that's a fact. And are you suggesting he should have pulled out of the middle east all together, leaving Osama bin laden at large?

Best Answer

$5 Trillion dollars isn't a whole lot of money if you look at it from an assets vs. liabilities perspective and the ability to repay obligations. Money needs to be spent in order to fix a broken bridge. I'm pretty sure that you can even agree that after the 'financial crisis' a bridge in this great country collapsed. That bridge was the connection between the heart and drive of the people. We were buying things that we couldn't afford, selling houses to people that were NINJA (No Income No Job or Assets), people were building on liabilities that would eventually have to be paid back. When would they be paid back when a liability could be leveraged upon another liability and onto another? Tomorrow? It will always be tomorrow as long as the system we have today can afford to wait until tomorrow. Finally that bridge got too heavy and that real estate market where values were inflated by hot air got too high... POW!!! It all came crashing down. We stood there for a little while not knowing or believing what was happening as so much money and value depleted. All of these dreams built on liabilities and over-inflated prices weren't going to last forever? What?! Then reality set in and we had to rebuild that bridge before the whole structure collapsed or people would start to panic and run onto the bridge trying to cross before it could be stabilized. This cost money... this was money we didn't have but we truly needed. What did we do? The private sector was drained and we needed help from the Government. So, we used the best credit card the USA has, their trust. This new liability was added to the deficit to stimulate the economy and rebuild that bridge that was still falling apart. Soon, we were able to stabilize that bridge and put on stronger beams. Now that bridge is coming together and we are headed to building a more fortified and stronger USA. The Deficit will eventually turn into a Surplus just like it does when you pay off your credit cards completely and you have extra money left over to invest. This is market economics and the world breathes in cycles. President Obama didn't destroy this economy. He has been trying to rebuild it every step of the way. I'm not blaming Bush either. We all did this to ourselves. Now lets stop blaming each other and work together to build a better future for everyone. The future is extremely bright and I'm very optimistic in what is ahead.

Best Answer

@SilenceEvermore(again): You also said, "The fact that you call what led you to vote for Obama fact gathering and reasoning is rather disturbing." What I find rather disturbing is your inability to realize that this ship has been sinking for some time. All I get from you is your wanting for a quick fix to a complex problem. That wont happen. You cannot fight fire with more fire. There comes a time when we have to step back and create a plan of attack to neutralize the situation with something other than the original problem. President Obama has a plan and so far has done exactly what he said that he would. I will stand by a leader like that. He is very amiable.

Best Answer

He didn't destroy the economy? We lost our Triple A rating, yes, the president does have a say in that. His proposals increase the debt further, they don't fix it. Obamacare puts a heavy strain on small businesses due to the increase in insurance costs, it overloads insurance companies due to the hundreds of thousands of new people getting coverage, the economy is growing slower than it has in years..decades even, college graduates have a 50% chance of being unemployed/underemployed, unemployment is the level that it was when he got into office, he refuses to reach across the aisle and work with Republicans, he would much rather blame them for his own idiocy..So yeah, Obama is actually a horrible president. For the record, over 5 trillion is ALOT, it's more than half of what the existing debt was when he got in..It's not getting better.

Best Answer

I don't want a quick fix, I want more responsible spending and results for the spending. So, way to straw man.

Best Answer

Triple A Rating?! :'( Wow! That makes me cry. [I don't care face goes here*--please note carefully!] Who wouldn't lose a few notches in their rating when the entire world was in panic?! The USA will pay back their liabilities and does even buy back its own debt to pay itself interest. If anyone wanted to ask for their money back from a loan that the USA took out, the Government would most certainly have the means to repay that obligation. People will not pullout though. Why? Because of the integrity of the USA and the belief still of, 'An American Dream.' Obamacare is needed in this country. I have had friends that couldn't afford to go to the hospital and had died instead because they didn't want to be stuck with so much liability that hospital bills could create. Instead of getting cared for they chose not to reach out and instead were greeted with death. That isn't right in a nation of such great strength. Weaker countries have universal healthcare. This is The United States of America! If we don't stand together for what is right, then who will? I would rather increase my taxes than have to tell my friends that they should go without healthcare just because I'm in a better position than they are financially. That isn't right... The USA is my family and there are certain things that should be standard across the board. "College graduates have a 50% chance of being unemployed/underemployed..." ...seriously?! You didn't expect there might be a problem still. I can barely get over a relationship I have had with the love of my life almost 9 years ago and you expect an entire country to rebuild itself in just under 4 years? Hmm... sometimes the best of things take time. You say that President Obama, "refuses to reach across the aisle and work with Republicans..." We chose President Obama to lead this great nation into the future. He shouldn't have to reach out to Republicans or anyone for a compromise. They should be reaching out to him and asking what they can do to help. It's a team effort... People need to stop with these power struggles and stand beside their leader so we can all push forward. "There's no crying in baseball!"

Best Answer

"...more responsible spending"? Please elaborate with what you have in mind.

Best Answer

I don' think you understand what that credit rating means, seeing as you stated, "The USA will pay back their liabilities." No, losing that status means our trade partners have lost faith in our ability to pay back our debts. That's a significant blow to our trade. I find it rather sickening that you keep offering up cop outs like, "well the WHOLE world was in panic!" No, it wasn't. Obamacare is not needed, your friends likely still would have died, seeing as they would have been wait listed depending on their ability to survive whatever care they may have needed. Before Obama got in, I hope you realize, job prospects were better for graduates, far better. That's there was such an outcry in the media when those numbers came in (50%). Obama expected to fix the nation in 4 years, hence his, "I won't run again if I don't fix the economy" tripe his first term. He shouldn't have to compromise? Goodness, do you understand how politics work? It's all about being able to get what you want through compromise. Republicans have tried reaching out to him, remember that subpoena that he conveniently missed during the Fast & Furious scandal? That's not working across the aisle, that's creating more dissent. Obamacare - Not working across the aisle. Asking what they can do to help? Why would they help a man that runs counter to their ideals and ideology? As I said, it's all about compromising to get what you want. He won't because blaming others suits him oh so well.

Best Answer

How about, I don't know, not allowing hundreds of thousands of illegals to stay here and get scholarships at the expense of tax payers? How about not closing coal factories? How about actually getting out of the Middle East as promised? How about cutting the unnecessary government programs? How about tightening the loopholes in welfare instead of making new ones and extending unemployment benefits?

Best Answer

"Asking what they can do to help? Why would they help a man that runs counter to their ideals and ideology? As I said, it's all about compromising to get what you want." hmm... where do you see 'compromise' in, "Why would they help a man that runs counter to their ideals..."? How can one have compromise without having an open mind? Both sides want what they want and I understand that there should be a middle-ground sometimes. Yet, when there is refusal to compromise on either end, the one that prevails is the side with the power to make that decision. President Obama: 2-0. And I'm sorry but even I have some friends that cannot afford to go to the hospital to pay $15,000 in bills to fix a fracture. I would most certainly pay a higher tax rate so as to afford my friends a safer environment. I think that 'Obamacare' is one of this Administrations greatest accomplishments. Although, I'm very sure that can be debated.

Best Answer

As I said, if they get something they want in return, they aren't really "helping" him..they're COMPROMISING. You can pay a higher tax rate, fine. How about we have voluntary tax paying, like under the Articles of Confederation..see how well that turned out. Our country cannot afford Obamacare, there's no getting around that. It will increase our debt further, by 1 trillion within the first 5-10 years alone. Increase in debt means more weight on the people to lower the debt.

Best Answer

I think it was a good idea to let these 'illegals' stay here to better themselves through education. Education and knowledge are important factors in building a strong foundation. I know some 'illegals' as well that are excellent people. There are strict guidelines in place to not let everyone pass through so it isn't like a wall was opened and anyone can get their citizenship now. The Middle East? Eeeh. I'm not so sure the USA will ever be out of the Middle East completely. It's too strategic of a Military location to leave it unguarded. What unnecessary government programs are you referring to? Government funded colleges and schools? I believe that the loopholes in welfare should be tightened as well and I am for extending unemployment benefits if it is greatly needed for the benefit of national interest. You do make a lot of great points in your analysis. I was hoping that you would have been a raving lunatic though! I like poking fun at people that flail their arms randomly in the air and yell things that don't make sense. Too bad... that would have been fun. Thank you though for a wonderful argument and I appreciate that you stuck to the point even though you may have seen some of my responses as dodging the issues. :)

Best Answer

The word illegal is the key here. Illegal, as in..against the law..as in..criminal. If you extend unemployment..there is no incentive to rush into getting a new job..Programs like the ones funded by the NAACP and a host of other programs that serve no purpose.

Best Answer

"Voluntary tax paying..." I don't think that'll work out too well to balance the budget. "Hey everyone! We need x amount of dollars for this budget we've created, anyone who would like to pitch in is more than welcome to! Please..." No. There would be enough taxes collected to afford all that is needed to sustain government, let alone thrive and push for a greater future. In California, Proposition 30, just passed that would allow California to raise its sales tax rate by .25% and income taxes to effectively gaining an estimated $6.8-$9 billion in new revenue for the state. Raising taxes is sometimes a necessity when we cannot compromise on certain important things like education.

Best Answer

I was being sarcastic regarding the voluntary tax paying. You can't raise taxes when unemployment is still around 8%, not included the people that have slipped through the system due to the fact that they have stopped looking for jobs and are thus, no longer counted in the statistics.

Best Answer

I have never used unemployment insurance before so I wouldn't be able to understand what people would be going through in that kind of situation. In that regard, you may be completely right. I probably should have even commented on a subject that I know little about. It does make sense that by extending the coverage, there would be no or little incentive to rush into getting a new job. Yeah, I'm not so sure what the NAACP does anymore. I guess there was a purpose for them maybe even a decade ago. Although, maybe they are doing there job because we cannot see an issue anymore. Maybe by taking away funding to the NAACP and other programs that seem to have no purpose, we might inadvertently push ourselves backwards in progress. Then, that truly would be a waste of a long-term investment. "The word illegal is the key here." haha! Yeah, again, you are right! Rofl. I see the real issue there. However, in states like California, what are we going to do now? Should we ship people that crossed the border illegally and have been here most of their lives back to Mexico or wherever it is they came from? Isn't it a little too late not to compromise. There were a whole lot of 'illegals' filling niches in the California economy for so long that they had become important gears to business. Maybe the USA could have got buses and organized a mass deportation. However, what would that look like from the international community perspective and how would that cause changes in other foreign policies around the globe? Would the USA be seen as a bully to the rest of the world? Or, in this case, would this compromise to allow 'illegals' a path to citizenship been better off for this country if it had never taken place? It might have been an Obama Administration stunt to swing the 2012 Election in his favor. It did get a lot more votes for him in the 'Hispanic' community compared to Romney. However, from my prospective, I'm not so sure if this was a bad thing or a good thing yet. It might just simply have had been a thing.

Best Answer

Oh... lol. Sorry! It's getting a little late to detect sarcasm... especially when I didn't know that you had that in you! :) Yeah... I don't like the, "no longer counted in the statistics," either. That doesn't really help to only see half of the picture. Even though with one doing their own research they can deduct x from y and z and come up with an estimated true figure of actual unemployment, I would rather have simple statistics than ones that favor a presentation or PR.

Best Answer

If people are here illegally we should either help to facilitate them getting legal status, perhaps set some type of area in which they can pay to get their papers so that they are paying into social security, they're easier to find in the case of a crime and so forth. I'm not sure if that would be feasible at this time, deporting them all would also cost, probably, alot of money unless we set some kind of ultimatum that won't cost the country billions or more. It was most certainly an Obama administration stunt, allowing the 800,000+ illegals to remain in the country on amnesty. They movement for gay marriage was also a stunt, as he could have easily passed it in his first two terms when he had majority in the house and senate.

Best Answer

By the way, thanks for, for the most part, not insulting my intelligence as many who lean left or are pro Obama are want to do.

Best Answer

It's not easy to insult your intelligence. Don't think that I didn't try! Your arguments were too solid though and I was swayed to your side of a lot of the debate. Too bad Romney couldn't have spoke half as intelligently during his debates. I might have voted for him if he projected stronger leadership and made sense. I never voted before this election. It didn't seem right to let someone so weak win that couldn't stick to his plan and kept trying to change for PR. I even made sure people I knew all voted even though a lot of them didn't care for this election.

Best Answer

I agree, Romney was not the strongest of candidates. I am a Republican and I didn't really feel that great about voting for him. Thanks for the compliment, by the way. Unless you're being sarcastic, then I missed that.

Best Answer

If he is so great, why after 4 years are there more than 20 million out of work and only 18 million when he started. All that money spent, less to show than when he started. He also denied those murdered soldiers in Texas medals. They were murdered by a traitor killing in the name of Iraq and Islam during time of war. THEY DESERVED MEDALS. He brought shame and disgrace to their sacrifice. To their deaths. I am ex military. In many things he has done, I can see his effort. But he does not change his approach and insulting those fallen soldiers is something I cant let go of. They were, in a real sense, my brothers and sisters. He betrays their memory. Also he insulted the ambassador from Israel and his wife was caught, on tape, insulting the flag. He believe he has done right. he is wrong. And the American people put him in the whitehouse again. We are in for one hell of a fight to keep our Constitution and all our rights. Make sure your senators and house representitives understand, THE CONSTITUTION STAYS.

Best Answer

A lot of those jobs that had been lost after President Obama was elected were in outdated fields. The world changes and no employment is forever. This country is rebuilding and it's on the right track with a great Administration. Great things take time though and this economy is most certainly not an exception. A lot has to be done and a lot has already been done. I believe that all soldiers should receive their medals that are deserved. I don't know if it was right or wrong to use PR and make it as if those killed in Texas weren't the result of a terrorist organization or an act of war. I don't know all the facts and I'm not in a position to speculate. However, he is the Commander-in-Chief and he was elected to make such decisions. If these soldiers truly deserve these metals, I believe that information will come to light and they will be honored accordingly. Without those that serve in our Military, we most certainly would not have all of the freedoms or liberties that we enjoy each day. I believe your views to be greatly aligned with mine and I don't find anything that I would need to contradict. Thank you for your Military service. I know that this is something a Nation or any persons can never repay someone for.

Best Answer

I agree to a lot you said. But I still won't let the murders go. That incident turned me completely against him. I didn't vote for him in either election. But I do respect your thoughts as well. But, Obama needs to think "outside the box". More of the same will not work. He needs to try new ideas until something gives for the good of the country., I don't believe he will. Also, he claimed yhe government made us. If he stated something in the wrong way the oh well. We are all jus human,. But if he meant it, he odviously doesn't know thw names Edison, Rockafeller, Adm. Nimitz, Gen Patton and so on. These people made us great and rescued us when needed. Not the government. If he were to say that our form of government gave rise to these geniouses to put their skills into action, then he would be right. We do owe a lot to our freedom. We both know that. But i still will never support Obama. He ia the president. I will support his office and will always be loyal to the U.S. and the Constitution. But I don't think he should be President.

Best Answer

Because He lies. Hopefully he can get impeached over the Lybia Issue but then again Clinton was impeached, democrats pretended it didn't happen. Good luck on your best USA President deal.

Best Answer

Thank you! It should be a lot of fun. I highly doubt that President Obama will ever get impeached during his term. He's too honest, strong, passionate, and such a compelling leader. I wasn't on his side during his first Presidential Election in 2008. I wanted Hillary Clinton to win! I didn't even vote for him the first time around. However, he has proven himself to be a great leader in a time when the qualities that he has are in very short supply. I'm very optimistic for the future and am excited that we have President Obama to help lead us in the USA into a stronger and greater future. :)

Best Answer

If he's so great - He just pulled another one of his disapearing acts.

Best Answer

Eastsidegirl, please explain what you mean by, 'disappearing acts.' Thank you. I would really like to know what you're referring to. I most certainly enjoy magic! xD

Best Answer

He's leaving for someplace mylanda (something like that), Cambodia and Thailand to visit. Hopefully, he won't take his daughter and 29 of her close friends there like they did to meixco that the media didn't report. Instead of staying here to fix our financial problems.

Best Answer

Don't make me laugh!! He could not hold a candle to Reagan or Clinton.

Best Answer

That is so true... Yet, he shows a lot of potential and he is only at a halfway point. So, he still has time. xD

Best Answer

It was Clinton! Obama will be the best president during the next four years, if that makes you feel any better.

Best Answer

LOL!!!!!!!!! You're absolutely right!! It was Clinton. This was a trick question and you've aced it. Congratulations! President Obama still has a way to go and he can possibly be one of the greats. He is a wonderful leader. :)

Best Answer

Yay! I'm glad I was right! :D
Personally, I like Obama. He is a very forward-thinking leader, and damn good when it comes to foreign policy. It's just a shame he has to cater to the wants of the extremist right-wing teabaggers who want the US to be transported back to the 50s. If there were more centrist people in congress, I think we could actually function again as a country and get out of this idiotic GOP stalemate. None of them seem to understand compromise.

Best Answer

Obama is a fool who will burn if he doesn't repent. He sold his soul just to gain the world. Nothing profits a man for gaining the world and losing his soul. Obama and his policys suck.

Best Answer

omg please post more of this. XD

Best Answer

Okay... well, you won, "Best Worst Answer" for this question because what you're saying is of personal bias and really don't make any sense to me at all. Congratulations!

Best Answer

lol'ed @Mdear again! Stop making me lol'ing!!! xD

Best Answer

He hasn't proven himself yet and he's already had four years.

Best Answer

Maybe you're looking in the wrong direction or you turned your lights off. Watch out!! You might be in a tunnel and aren't seeing clearly.

Best Answer

What has he done except divide the country? He's not reached across the aisle in four years, hasn't had a budget in three and levied a huge tax increase on all of us called Obamacare. Haven't you noticed? People are losing their jobs because their employers can't stay in business and keep all their employees because of Obamacare and you think he's the greatest president?

Best Answer

This country isn't divided. Look around you... where do you live? I'm in California and everywhere I look this place is together and we're working together for a bigger and stronger future. I've been to different parts of the USA and it looks the same everywhere to me. We're on the rise! I don't mind the tax increase if it'll help my neighbors and future generations. I understand that at a certain level of taxation it will become too much. However, I'm fine with paying more at a time when more is needed. People were already set to lose their jobs when the real estate market in 2004 started seeing unrealistic property values. Eventually that balloon had to pop if nothing was around to regulate how much hot air was filled into it. We all filled that balloon and we're here today to rebuild after it exploded. President Obama is doing an excellent job and the next four years you should most certainly see the rise in economic prosperity across the board!

Best Answer

The only reason I can think of is because they claim anything is possible.

Best Answer

Yeah. It isn't always about claims though. It's about following through...

Best Answer

i m a fan but i don't feel good about our economy.

Best Answer

It takes time to build a bridge after part of it have collapsed. I'm confident that the entire USA economy will be extremely stronger in the years ahead. :)

Best Answer