it seems to receive a lot of derision, yet nobody dares sue the members, or fool with them in any way. why? i don't know anything about it except Ron Hubbard founded it. what do they believe that ****** so many people?
robyn robyn 51-55, F 10 Answers Feb 24, 2010

The one belief of scientology that totally ****** me off and I think many others is they have this belief that everything that happens to you and what happens in your life is due to your own doing. Now yes, if we stay in bed all day and are depressed and do nothing we will remain depressed, so on some levels this is true. But many cases this is not true. I remember a child who was abused terribly by her parents, locked in dark rooms for weeks, chained up, drugged, belted and bashed, she ran away in lived on the streets at 13 to escape the abuse. She had problems in relating to others and suffered many repercussions of her abuse. It was her foster parent who was a scientologist that believed she brought all this upon herself, and if she was to improve her life it was up to her. This is BS, how is it possible for a little girl with a broken heart, where no one loves her to just get up and say Oh yes I can become the next superstar, lawyer or doctor even though I have no stable home, no one who truly loves me and I am so hurt inside I don't even think I am capable as everyone has said, I am worthless and will never achieve anything. That's what people hate about the religion, it is very narrow, and not compassionate to people who are stuck.

Best Answer

Scientology preys on the mentally ill and its organizers do everything they can to bilk money out of members while condemning them if they so much as think about seeking treatment. They actively seek to undermine psychiatric care for the mentally ill. Female members are forced to get abortions by the "church" under certain circumstances. They use brainwashing techniques that have been banned by the FBI... I could go on. They are a 100% for-profit organization that commits horrible mental abuse, isolation, and physical imprisonment and abuses on their members. However melodramatic it may sound, Scientology is a downright evil cult.

Best Answer

Many religions are illegal in many countries. Including Prodestant and Catholic. Often it is not what the religion is but what it is not.

Best Answer

Scientology is not illegal in any country.

Best Answer