Why am I so addicted too? It's ruining everything x( I wish I'd never started..
PleasedeletethisaccountEP PleasedeletethisaccountEP 70+ 10 Answers Dec 13, 2011

I know just how you feel. I get them same feeling of comfort. Its a way of coping with hard emotions.

Best Answer

You're addicted cause you tried to cut yourself once! What's so difficult? <br />
Don't punish yourself for anything, stop cutting!!!

Best Answer

You've got to stop that. Get yourself some help. You know it's a bad thing to do so go talk to a mental health worker. It's dangerous and self -destructive. Ask your family to help you or whoever is in your life you think you can trust. I can't say enough about how bad this is for you. I think if you research online you will find support groups for people trying to quit this behavior Believe me your situation is not hopeless. You just have to put in some effort to find help...Good luck

Best Answer

I would guess it has something to do with projecting the pain of a spiritual wound temporarily onto a physical wound. It's a classical psychological self-distraction ploy. The problem is that once the wound heals, or even once you're used to the wound as part of yourself, it's lost its novelty and you are feeling your own emotional pain again and looking for another way to project it away from your heart.<br />
And so goes the circle.

Best Answer

i've heard it's acutully a feeling of letting the bad out of you, a release of sorts, my cutting was for another reason, try another release, jumping out of planes(with a shute please) or bungie jumping, soimething with release, try working out, that works for me, go to a 24 hour place so you don't have to see a bunch of people, you get to work out w/out someone seeing your handi work.

Best Answer

You need adventure. I carve words into my arms when I feel trapped...

Best Answer

im not going to give you sympathy. <br />
I suggest you use another form of relief.

Best Answer

I'm not looking for sympathy, I want to understand y I'm addicted.

Best Answer

That is the nature of addictions. I hope you are able to overcome yours.

Best Answer

Sorry for replying to a year old post but no one that has posted has given a decent answer.<br />
I've had conversations with people about this. Its not cutting yourself that your addicted to, but endorphins. Endorphins allow the body to cope with stress and are released when exposed to pain, excitement, exercise, ******, and spicy food. You could use these as alternatives to cutting yourself.<br />
I don't think there is anything wrong with it but society frowns upon it for a multitude of reasons. That being safety, mentality, and spiritually. Safety is because it is unsanitary and you may get and infection or cut an artery. Mentality because if you cut yourself for little problems to make yourself feel better, people will worry that you may go a bit too far for a major problem. Spiritually because it makes some people think you are not happy with your body and such. <br />
Hope you've gotten over your addiction by now and if not I wish you luck with it.

Best Answer