IMAGINATIONATWORK IMAGINATIONATWORK 36-40 10 Answers Jun 16, 2012

It's not the nicotine that's addictive, it's the fact that smoking punctuates your life. !'ll just finish this task, then I'll have a smoke then I'll start that task" or the infamous come home from work and sit down with a coffee and a smoke - that kind of thing. Smokers are creatures of habit, you arrange your life around them. I'm five months off them now and I PROMISE any smokers considering stopping smoking that the cravings DO go away. I barely miss them now but it's taken me maybe 30 attempts to finally get to the attempt that stuck! I completely understand how difficult it is - it takes masses of will-power and means a major lifestyle change which is a very daunting thing for anybody.

Best Answer

Ugh, I'm on my first day of quitting. I've noticed that I've got all these smoker's instincts. Checking my pockets for them. Making sure I have a lighter when I go out. Warning people who forget to take their smokes with them etc. The hardest part is going to be the social aspect. I like to keep up with 'the smoker's club' whenever I hang with friends. A select few of us all go out to have a smoke and chat. It's kind of a way of bonding exclusively almost. I'm gonna miss knowing all the goss but I have to be strong to preserve my singing voice for when I'm performing.

Best Answer

It's been 10 years since I smoked and I'll never do it again. I quit by tapering off. It's a drug and you have to ween your body off of it. I first cut the amount I smoked in half for a week. Then I just kept cutting that amount in half until it got to where I smoked one cigarette over the course of several days. Then I felt really dumb standing there taking one puff and putting it out. I mean there was no point anymore and I had lost the urge just to even hold one. Quitting cold turkey is never a good idea. Your body will just crave more.

Best Answer

There's no laws about excessive smoking, maybe?

Best Answer

Smoking is hard to kick because the negative consequences aren't immediately apparent. One can smoke like a chimney and still function. Smoke a pack a day, and you don't die. The health effects are gradual, like the frog in boiling water.

Best Answer

I stopped smoking and never have had one since, Same with booze. It's a matter of wanting to.

Best Answer

Me too. It is only hard at first, the cravings do diminish over time and there is a corresponding improvement to your general sense of well-being. I will never regret giving it up. At age 20 I smoked about 20 a day, more if it was a long day. I have heard people say that nicotine is more addictive than heroin. This could be true. I quit cold turkey. Maybe there is an easier way but it is too easy to just keep putting it off.

Best Answer