becaue it softens your tooth enamel

Best Answer

As opposed to hard drinks/alcohol. Sounds logical that it might have started during the temperance movement, urging people to find a substitute for hard liquor. Though the fact most sodas started as health "tonics" with things like cocaine in them, not sure if they were all that soft to start with.

Best Answer

I guess back in the day they only had two kinds of bottled drinks, alcohol and soda. Alcohol was considered a hard drink and soda was a soft drink.

Best Answer

Oh, okay, so it's specifically bottled drinks? That makes more sense then.

Best Answer

I have no clue, I totally pulled that out of thin air. I'm only guessing.

Best Answer

Oh, haha. Well, it kind of makes sense.

Best Answer

because there is no liquor in it...yet :-p

Best Answer

moonshine

Best Answer

Why is it call soda pop in the 1st place.in <br />
Ireland we just call the drink by it name e.g coke is coke.if we are compare tham to alcohol drinks we than called them minerials

Best Answer

"Soft drinks"are what they are usually called in Australia,the word "soda" is sometimes used,but "pop" never is.

Best Answer

Milk and water are totally different., Soft drinks have sugar in them. If you add liquer to them they are no longer a soft drink.

Best Answer

Did you see my story? I figured out why. here it is:<br />
One afternoon in 1887, three guys were sitting around. They were drinking soda. Then one of the guys.............. THROWS IT AT HIS HEAD! And it was soft and didn't hurt. THE END

Best Answer

It hurts much less than having a brick thrown at you.

Best Answer

no booze

Best Answer