MysticEyes MysticEyes 31-35, F 15 Answers Mar 10, 2012

GUINNESS!

Best Answer

Got to have a Guinness on Paddy's day, and pretty nice all year round.

Best Answer

By all means enjoy a tasty Guinness but you can have beers of equal quality for less money in Beamish and Murphy's stouts. Guinness is not superior, but it enjoys superior marketing.

Best Answer

Guinness marketing.

Best Answer

The Irish like a good excuse for a huge drinking binge.

Best Answer

The original celebration was founded by the Irish Protestant organisation, The Knights of St. Patrick, in 1783 fully supported by the British to provide a new focus of ritual and spectacle in the figure of St. Patrick. It was essentially a pacifying colonial strategy which the Irish dutifully swallowed and embraced, if I may mix my metaphors. Subsequently, homesick Irish immigrants in the United States and their rootless offspring inflated the spectacle to compensate for their alienation until it became the raucous excuse to get hammered by Irish and non-Irish alike that it is today, and the latter is the secret why it is more popular than other nations' saints' holy days. St. David's Day would be more popular if a tradition was established to brighten the occasion by the widespread popular consumption of psilocybin mushrooms.

Best Answer

And so the stereotype of a typical Irishman was created.

Best Answer

But I *am* Irish and I am sick to the back teeth of this annual vulgar spectacle of untrammelled tawdriness in which Irishness is reduced to green plastic hats and ugly fake red beards. Saint Patrick's Day is a tasteless travesty that makes me ashamed.

Best Answer

My Irish relatives agree Adamn.

Best Answer

I second that,lets start a new tradition ! Oh waitress,another round of shrooms over here please !

Best Answer

Because as English are or the powers that be make us to frightend of our own shadows, We have or are getting to point where we cannot be proud of been English in case it upsets someone !!<br />
Where is one think l can say " Im proud to be a Yorkshire man"

Best Answer

Hiya Bill. I have a story on my profile about how I am proud to be English and two people have asked if I am a member of the BNP?! It's sad this place is going that way. I'm sick of catering to everyone else. English and proud and I'll fly my flag on whatever day I want to! :o)

Best Answer

Only in England is it frowned upon to be proud of your country. We are a diverse multicultureal nation &amp; have a great deal to offer, but until we can speak our minds &amp; not walk on eggshells we will go nowhere

Best Answer

The Irish have less things to celebrate.

Best Answer

Ooooh!! This post tickled me though! ;o)

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

Better PR team! It's the same team that got Valentines day on the calendar!

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

Cant be just the booze as the Scots are in the same league, I think its the friendliness of the irish,the music and the craic. It just has a great atmosphere and tradition and all helped along by a healthy pint of Guinnes!.

Best Answer

Spellings, please: Irish, crack, Guinness.

Best Answer

when did you join the spelling police ? and craic is the correct Irish spelling for crack as you wrongly spell it.

Best Answer

I joined the spelling police when I learned how to spell correctly as a young child. "Craic" is not an Irish word; "crack" meaning "fun" is a northern English word that has very largely fallen into disuse in England itself. Many words in Irish, such as "craic", are merely Gaelicized spellings of English words: "roicéad" (rocket), "digiteach" (digital), and "séipéal" (chapel). It is correct when writing in Irish to write "craic", but in English one writes "crack". I refer you to the entry for "crack" in a good etymological dictionary to confirm this fact about its origins as an English language, not Irish, word. The four illustrative examples of the use of "cracK" meaning "fun, amusement; mischief" in the Oxford English Dictionary all use the spelling "crack". I remain a member of the spelling police because I know what I am talking about, annoying as that may be.

Best Answer

The letter "w" in "when" should have been capitalized, as the first word in the sentence. The letter "a" in "and" should also have been capitalized, for the same reason. There should be no space before the question mark.

Best Answer

Go away you are too boring..... take a chill pill.

Best Answer

as an Irishman i feel the answer is purely BOOZE!

Best Answer

Hahaha!

Best Answer

The Irish migrated to a lot of places world wide. Have had a few good celebrations on Paddy's day myself, in my youth of course :) Just one long party and everyone can be "Irish" for the day.

Best Answer

What does being Irish mean? Pi$$ed up for the day? lol ;o)

Best Answer

No you sing along, up for the crack and yes enjoy a drink or ten as the night goes on haha, ok yes pi$$ed all day long :)

Best Answer

i guess America likes it and there's the whole Irish pub thing :-)

Best Answer

Because Paddys love Ireland so much they can't wait to go live somewhere else and hold parades about it.

Best Answer