Young women involved with older men are often notoriously accused of having those stereotypical "daddy" issues- sometimes it is obvious to see why. However, I've never heard anyone accuse a young male who is involved with an older woman of having "mommy" issues? I myself am 19 and bisexual. I have been involved with both men and women in their thrities. Before you begin sterotyping me, my mother is my best friend and my parents have been married for 25 years. I have two older siblings; a sister who is 29 and a brother who is 34, both of whom I'm close with. So when I become involved with an older partner, I do not look at them in a "parental" way, as my parents are far beyond their thirties. I have also been with partners closer to my own age. Does anyone believe that some people just have personal prefernces or individual connections? Or must it all boil down to some sort of "parental issues".
SeriouslyUncertain SeriouslyUncertain 18-21, F 3 Answers Jun 23, 2012

you could have daddy issues, you could also be mature for your age. Lots of different types of people.

Best Answer

Thanks for the input :)(Though I didn't ask if I had daddy issues). Was wondering why men weren't under as much scrutiny.

Best Answer

your taking "you" to literally.

Best Answer