KristenTX KristenTX 36-40, F 10 Answers Jun 9, 2011

'they' did

Best Answer

Shrouded beauty is correct. Most of the English language is slight variations of an earlier language that was developed over the yrs sort of like evolution. Languages are constantly changing do to slang. 1000 yrs from now red may be called redah and blue may be called baloo...............Hey that sounded pretty good, I almost had myself thinking I knew what I was talking about . lol

Best Answer

I've been trying to find that out for years. No one really knows the answer..

Best Answer

Blue is derived from the Old French word bleu. <br />
The word red comes from the Old English rēad. Further back, the word can be traced to the Proto-Germanic rauthaz and the Proto-Indo European root reudh-. In Sanskrit, the word rudhira means red or blood. <br />
The word "yellow" comes from the Old English geolu, or geolwe which derived from the Proto-Germanic word gelwaz. <br />
The word green comes from the Old English word grēne, or, in its older form, grœni. This adjective is closely related to the Old English verb grōwan<br />
Orange is a bit different and comes from the name of the orange fruit. This word derives from a Dravidian language, and it passed through numerous other languages including Sanskrit and Old French before reaching the English language.<br />
The word 'purple' comes from the Old English word purpul which derives from the Latin purpura, in turn from the Greek πορφύρα (porphura). the name of the Tyrian purple dye manufactured in classical antiquity from a mucus secreted by the spiny dye-murex snail.

Best Answer

I did, as a unilateral decision.

Best Answer

lol, ok. Thank you, you chose good names, hahah

Best Answer