Music today seems a lot better than that "metal" and similar garbage they were listening to in the 70's. Those musicians even looked like the worst stupid looking morons ever to crawl out of a sewer, They thought they were so tough and wanted to shock every one with there stupid dope smoking **** and filthy greasy hair hanging to there *** I remember hating them than and laughing my *** off when rap came along and made them all look like sissys in comparison

Best Answer

Remove the beam from your eye before picking at the mote in your neighbor musician's eye. Parents got a stick up their a*s when the kids started listening to Elvis, saying it was "neg-ro music," and it stayed there when the kids listened to the Beatles, acid rock, punk rock, hip-hop and indy rock -- basically, whatever is popular partly because it is new, old folks hate it.

Best Answer

Two words: Simon Cowell.

Best Answer

dont listen to trashy pop music or rap. degrading

Best Answer

Most of it is shite.

Best Answer

Because there is NO originality. <br />
Artists nowadays just take what has been already done, and tweak it a bit. <br />
Plus 90% of the songs out there now are about sex, a break up, or getting drunk. =/

Best Answer

Wow. I know that you're unhappy about the choices you're little charge requested, but isn't that quite a generalization yer makin' sweetie?<br />
There's plenty of good stuff on the charts today, the Owl City kids are from my neck of the woods. Access is easier than ever. And the library into yesterday's tunes is right at your finger tips.<br />
Maybe talk with the kid about what it is she likes about the songs, and then see if you can't find something YOU like that fits her likes.<br />
But saying 'today's' music is trashy, really ignores all of it that isn't - trashy. Don't do that.

Best Answer

Thank you! I thought it was just me. I have no use for most of the music these days, and neither does my 20-year-old son. He will search to find worthwhile music amongst all the garbage. I can't be bothered, so I listen to The Beatles and other oldies.

Best Answer

Ask the kids, what they like about the music. Maybe they like the texts, the music itself, both? It reflects their point of view in whatever regards? The music is hip? Maybe the kids think the world is trashy, at least in that of the world where they live or their environment. There must be something to it. Otherwise the music wouldn't be performed before an audience and surely would not sell.

Best Answer

Er, not heard of any of them. Try the Kerrang channel. Most rockers and metallers are great kids. I go to a metal club with my daughter and the kids are cool. The music is awesome too.

Best Answer

A pathological rejection of white European Christian culture and values., so this is the "progressive" crap were left with.<br />
Empty, valueless, and base

Best Answer