Is it because people failed English at school? Too many people who have English as a second language? Sub-standard teaching of children these days?
59timesthepain 59timesthepain 36-40, M 26 Answers Aug 28, 2012 in EP

Well, as somebody who does defacto speak English only as a second language, I should point out that the poor qualities shown by some EP user's scribbles cannot be the direct result of not having English as a non-native tongue. After all, I seem to be doing quite alright, am I not?

However, I should point out that this rather obscure trend of shortening and misspelling make it harder for a non-native user of the english language to comprehend certain posts...

Best Answer

de facto error correctly noticed, however, the other two errors are actually correct according to my dictionary...
See http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende〈=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=&search=alright and http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=DOKJAA&search=user%27s

Best Answer

I never dun learned me no book learnin, i reckon bein as i had to help me pappy out in the fields. See these hands, these is the hands of a workin man, boy, these is cow-slappin hands!

Best Answer

lol,awesome,hated english class!

Best Answer

ivor no eye deer

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

If your question is directed at the internet in general you must be new here.

Best Answer

A combination of factors... 1.) Younger people abbreviating "evry othr" word... 2.) Older people who "caint tipe wurht a flipp". 3.) A lot of them are either tired, drunk, stoned, or all three at the same time.

Best Answer

who gives a rats hairy *** there are mensa sites for the intellectually gifted

Best Answer

I think a large part of it is that many people just don't care if they sound like a grade schooler with down syndrome. Then you have the trolls, who are equally (if not more) obnoxious. And then you have the people who weren't raised speaking English.

Best Answer

i can read i cant wright but i can driver a tractor

Best Answer

nope because i am too drunk

Best Answer

yep, indeed

Best Answer

this is new English.. less efforts to write and easily understood..

r u English teacher?

Best Answer

No it's because I dont care to worry about something so unimportant.....

Best Answer

because this is not school and most of us are not teachers of english grammer and spelling , but its good to see a text Natzi once in a while lol

Best Answer

No alphabet soup for misspellings - ONE YEAR!

Best Answer

thats ok i'm not crazy about alphabet soup anyway

Best Answer

Its nae the screivin or the speilin o the leid, na the punctuation, gyn ye can pit doon whits in the heid wi clarity and cohesion.

Best Answer

Its the chat age my dear.Grammar etc pay third fiddle.

Best Answer

Who is da boss of the English? Cause Ima say it like I wanna.

Best Answer

I reckon it kinda is,but hey as long as you get the point who cares

Best Answer

Depends. Some people because they use chat speak so it seems lik they're typin a dif language 1/2 the tim. There are also just people who make typos and some people are just very bad at typing.

Best Answer

Because we are not here to learn! We know to express our feeling even by making some grammatical mistakes. Stop freaking about it. You got problems better dont come here. We love the way it is^___^

Best Answer

I speak like the the king of MLA format.

Best Answer

It is annoying I must admit but English is not a world language, meaning it is not spoken and taught everywhere. Personally, it is my third languages and I am told I speak and write it better then most people that learn it as their first or only language, so there may be a problem with the education or way in which it is taught.

Best Answer

Agreed, it it ridiculous that americans expect the rest of the world to adapt. You do write better than at least half the postings on here, not to mention things I've heard people say. Everyone learns in a different way and english is supposed to be the hardest language to learn due to the fact that it is a compilation of most other languages. I don't have a problem with bad grammar for the most part unless it is someone purposefully trying to act dim because they think it's cool or something. I'm almost 19 and I am embarrassed to be my age because I cannot communicate with most people my age. Not due to a language barrier, simply because they seem to think they have to act a certain way. Sorry, shutting up now.

Best Answer