My boyfriend told me that he wish everyone would just lie to him so he would be happy. I don't agree with him, I wish that everyone would just be straight up honest even if it hurts. He asked me to explain why and I couldn't put it into words. Help?
lexi71912 lexi71912 13-15, F 22 Answers Nov 14, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Lies destroy.

Best Answer

The truth hurts worse when you realize it wasn't what you've been believing.

Best Answer

thank you so much, this might be the best answer.

Best Answer

It establishes trust and makes you feel more secure, because lying always snowballs into situations into beyond your control and can literally ruin lives.

Best Answer

True (ha!), but in knowing the truth you can always take measures to prevent or improve upon the situation but with lies you'll never know.

Best Answer

Matter of perspective, I suppose.

Best Answer

your boyfriend sounds like he should live in a bubble so his feelings are never hurt and thoughts are never challenged. the truth is good because it is the reality of the situation when you surround yourself with lies you separate yourself and for some that's fine but that means you and everyone around him have to inconvenienced to make sure he's happy....sounds pretty weak to me.

Best Answer

you can say hes weak just because he wants happiness

Best Answer

happiness is a personal decision an acceptance. if you want to be happy you will be and if truth makes you miserable then you a spoiled child who needs to grow up. if rainbows and sunshine and lollipops have to pave the road ahead and every thing has to sound, look, and taste good to you for you to be happy. the reality isn't that life isn't good enough , it's that you are too weak to accept life for what it is and find happiness within that. shows a definite lack of maturity imo. but whatevs it's your boyfriend .

Best Answer

....wait so I said that happiness is finding a nugget in your own life that makes you happy content whilst accepting the realities around you. and you mention child soldiers and living the life of a palestenian which are NOT lifes i live? i don't know talk to a palestinian or a child soldier to ask what makes or would make them happy . if i'm in a thoughtless bubble so the **** are you in this instance .

Best Answer

says a guy who missed the entire point of my post? yeah you better go back to your " land of transcendent thinking" and stay away from people who can express their thoughts without having to smother it in a pretentious vocabulary .... i'm sorry my infant mind probably simplified that statement a little to much for you to comprehend.....

Best Answer

please shut up you arrogant ***** good God if you weren't so irritating maybe people would listen to you offline instead of you having to spend all your time sharing your nonsense here.

Best Answer

the funny thing here is i never pretended to be enlightened but you with your lofty self opinion keep posting like you are looking down at a child which makes me laugh . i have never seen an adult in my life who respected their own maturity and felt the need to correct what they deemed a child. it's quite hilarious to me. but keep on my friend keep enlightening us all with your well organized gibberish .

Best Answer

wow that was the most well articulated pile of **** i have ever had the pleasure of reading.

Best Answer

....yes...yes i have

Best Answer

so question are you one of those people who have to have the last answer? like if i keep posting in this for the next 24 hours will i return to a response after each post i make ?

Best Answer

Otherwise what's the point of talking? We could just make approving noises at each other. Like monkeys. Monkeys seem happy.

Best Answer

when you lie you take away the person you are lying to"s choices. they have no say nor voice in the matter.

Best Answer

The truth can hurt. and sometimes ignorance can be bliss. But usually the truth lets you know where you stand.

Best Answer

i like this too

Best Answer

No hidden agends, then the flow of life is boundless......

Best Answer

The truth is real. When someone is always honest you can believe them, believe in them, and you know them. You can't love someone you do not know.

Best Answer

Is that what the voices tell you?

Best Answer

your very pretty. sometimes the truth hurts but it's important to know.

Best Answer

thats what i was trying to explain but he said he would choose happiness over the truth

Best Answer

thanx 4 noticing my mistake.

Best Answer

Telling the truth gives you an accurate measure of what a person is feeling about you or a situation. Lying places the other person in the dark-into their own world-a false reality. It places a wedge between the liar and the person being lied to. It can grow into layers and layers of deception, to where the person being lied to, (or even lying to himself/herself) sometimes has difficulty recognizing the truth even when they hear it.

Best Answer

Because when you tell a lie,you have to tell another one to cover the first lie. The truth will come to the light and when it does the person is hurt even more because you had the person believeing you and it true out you was "Lying"! That old saying "Your word is your bond"? Not true!

Best Answer

How do you explain the value of truth, honesty and integrity to someone who could care less? To be honest, and speak the truth just feels right - to your core - doesn't it? to do less makes me feel less ok in this world. Authenticity is what I'm after - the world of humans is full of lies and deceit. I want no one in my life who lies to me, those who aren't authentic have no place.

Best Answer

Cause Jack Nicholson made it seem so Important

Best Answer

truth binds the soul in goodness and is most pleasing to ones heart but at times can also hurt its sort of a burden in that respects but overall a soul saver and is more appreciated than lies

Best Answer

i don't know how to put it into words, but i've been waiting for years for him to tell me the truth so that i can finally let him go even if it will take the death of hope to do so.

Best Answer

To develop trust.

Best Answer