ChipmunkErnie ChipmunkErnie 61-65, M 12 Answers Aug 3, 2012 in Community

As a Westerner I can honestly say neither bother me much.

Best Answer

And you called me a nazi !

Best Answer

I know right?

Best Answer

they are so upset indeed, all they ever do is babbling.

Best Answer

I think people care, but the media does not report as much and that makes it hard to know what is happening or even what to "Google." I think both are wrong, but the Islamics are our enemies by their own statements and terrorist attacks made against western countries. If they want to killing to stop they need to help take down the terrorist. In Syria and other middle eastern countries, it is the people of those countries fighting against their former and present regimes and most if not all is being used by the Mulim Brotherhood who are as bad or worse than what they have already. Both are wrong.

Best Answer

When confronted with photos of the dead, yes most individuals do care. I was thinking more of governments. And most Muslims are like the rest of the world--they;d just like to get along with their lives.

Best Answer

I understand what you are saying, but my reason for wanting them out of the country has more to do with national security and their pressure to have our courts to allow them to be ruled separately under Sharia law. Not because of their religion, evn if I think it is barbaric and despicable in how they treat women and "infidels."

Best Answer

I couldn't care about people that the only thing they want to do is killing each other.

Best Answer

I don't think that's what most of them want.

Best Answer

Obviously because the West is still racist.

Best Answer

I think there are still racists in the west and I think there always will be, but I also think that far more people are NOT racist. It is just that that term has become an accusation to throw at someone who the left disagrees with since Obama became President in this country. He could not have been elected with out the white vote and there are not enough liberal base or conservative base to influence an election without some of each.
The Chipmunck asks a good question, but I still believe the majority blame sits on the shoulders of the media and what they choose to cover. If anyone should be accused of racism, if that is the only reason, it is the media. How is anyone to know much of anything without going there or reading about it in the news or on TV news. What I find interesting is this good question is asked and commented on by many liberals and yet the only news group I have seen doing any in depth reporting on it is FOX! I have seen minor blurbs on CNN, nothing on MSNBC or CNBC. We hardly see anything on the alphabet networks either. The middle east is consuming the interst of the media for several reasons, not the least political and this Presidents interests and wishes. Has he said anything much about African genocide, really?

Best Answer

It was sarcasm >.<

Best Answer

I think you need to learn how to use sarcasm. Just writing something where others cannot hear the intonation of your voice or see your facial and body language make it near impossible to tell when anyone is being sacastic or serious. This isn't mean to offend, just a friendly tip. Use some sort of identifier when doing this. I will use LOL after a sarcastic statment some use a smile face :-) or somthing like that.

Best Answer

I thought the absurdity of the statement spoke for itself..

Best Answer

We're getting millions of gallons of free middle-eastern oil daily and charging record prices for it!

If Africa had something we could profit by then they would have our attention, too.

Best Answer

If it were free prices would drop.

Best Answer

You don't actually believe that... ? You're not aware that we've been shipping over a million gallons a day since Bush attacked Iraq?

Best Answer

We are actually shipping less from Iraq than before the war. Most of our oil is coming from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and other emerites on the Arabian pennisula. The rest is coming from Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Canada. There are others, but those are the major players for the US. Iraq is still rebuilding their infrastructure with our help and personell, but we won't be getting much more from them even when it is back 100%. The powers that be in Iraq have already said so. So much for the blood for oil theory.

Best Answer

Thats simple, there is now oil in those countries. If a big oil reserve would be discovered you would see a big change in the way those countries are treated.

Best Answer

How many have died in comparison From Syria currently to all of Africa I do not think some how it is anywhere near Syria alone the rest of the middle east.

Best Answer

Syria-thousands. Sudan-millions.

Best Answer

Really, I am gonna have to look it to this, If this is true than Once again I got swept away in the media media sensationalism.

Best Answer

One spot to look at: One of the few things Bill Clinton says he regrets is that he didn't intervene in the murders of possibly 1,000,000 people in the Rwandan genocide of the 1990s.

Best Answer

I thought we were speaking of currently.
The Rwandan genocide was crazy they used machetes rather then bullets.

Best Answer

Yes, that was an extreme from recent history. Sudan would be more recent--a combination of murder and enforced starvation.

Best Answer

Chipmunck is correct. Sudan, Libya, and Egypt, are a small fraction compared to Sudan, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia and others even today. In some parts of South Africa and other countries in the vacinity there are groups of children used for food by rebels. Yes Cannabalism. FOX had an hour long report on this. I think one of the newtworks did also have a report on this to be fair.

Best Answer

Artattack I am not even going to make an attempt to disagree with you today.

Best Answer

Geo-politics.

Best Answer