cringe cringe 36-40, M 21 Answers Mar 24, 2010

This traveling salesman Gidideon would often find himself in strange places feeling lonely. He thought that if every hotel room had a bible no one would ever be lonely or have a lost soul. he set up a foundation to supply bibles to hotels. <br />
It is one of our odder stories in the states. But quite lovely no?

Best Answer

It helps them keep the Sheets clean.

Best Answer

Only in America. I have been in many hotels around the world. Most hotel rooms, in the scheme of things, do not have a Giddean bible in them.

Best Answer

Because of the gideons still putting them there. Its about as lovely as having every room stocked with a Qur'an and prayer mat along with an unflushed toilet.

Best Answer

just in case...

Best Answer

It's a place of danger, a way from home. All kinds of things could go wrong. Believe it or not the Bible could save your marriage,your child,and your life. It's the only book that works, if you work it.

Best Answer

In case someone wants to read it.

Best Answer

Bible is placed inside a hotel room to ward off evil spirits!

Best Answer

Because it will help you to change your mind in case you went to the hotel to kill yourself.

Best Answer

Not wanting to break away from Tradition's. (How far back did it Start?) I just wish they had Dictionaries and Thesaurus's in these places also. Phone Books? But some people have to think God will be more real I think with a bible. I think people get this idea that's where God makes himself real to them. (I don't think so.) I just ignore it. Also I gave "RojoJeepNut" a vote, that it helps keep the sheets clean. Anyone wanting to be controled by guilt and shame, seems as supplement.

Best Answer

The way they get there aside. I believe that the reason they are there is because there is a lot of suicides in hotels and that the bible may serve as a deterrent. I work in a hotel and thankfully this has not happened to me but working in this business you hear a lot of stories. I also agree with golightly about the whole lost soul piece.

Best Answer

For reading...

Best Answer

Because the Gideons place them there as part of their mission to share the message of Christ. And maybe because bad things happen in hotel rooms...celebraties are always overdosing there, people cheat on their spouses there, people get murdered or committ suicide there. Maybe the Gideons are hoping to reach people before they hurt themselves?

Best Answer

not sure....the last hotel I stayed at had condoms in it. (some open)

Best Answer

Good question!

Best Answer

a lot of people still like the bible (self included).<br />
why NOT!?!!?!?!!?!?!??!

Best Answer

It's the one thing that won't get stolen ... There's actually a decent, if outdated, reason. I just can't remember what that reason is.<br />
I think it's safe to guess that it has something to do with weary travellers

Best Answer