i'm 25 years old and single, and am OK with that. so why does everyone around me - family & friends - keep trying to set me up with someone..tell me to date this person, that person.."you're getting really old - time to settle." "go for someone with money, you want a man to take care of you.." "you can't be so picky." ... "try a dating website".. i agree with none of the above statements, btw. this is just the **** i have to hear.. what if i'm ok with supporting myself, adopting a kid and being successful on my own? so what, if people never meet someone who wants the same things as them in life, they should "just settle?".. and really, is 25 THAT old?.... :/
xyourxonlyxstarx xyourxonlyxstarx 22-25, F 17 Answers Jan 10, 2012

The key word here was ADOPT a kid. Clearly you close minded people are once again PRESSURING her to do something she is not ready for. Society has such a narrow minded perspective on how one should live their life. I don't understand why that is so "sad" a life to live. Sad to me would be to rush into something one is not ready for spend the rest of your life tied down with kids to a husband you dont truly love STUCK in a pretty permanent position because you use a LOT of choices when you have kids because they become your primary focus and responsibility!

Best Answer

Soo soo true!

Best Answer

People can be nosy and annoying. The question gets asked sometimes because "misery loves company" and people figure they did it, why not you? I'm 40 years old, have a great boyfriend and I have no desire for kids. People used to ask me until I started answering that I didn't want them. I got told I was selfish, but then I'd smile and ask them why they had kids? I'd hear "to have them take care of us when we're old". I'd smile again and tell THEM that was selfish. People quit asking me after I'd run that by them. <br />
It's your life and your choice. Don't let anyone pressure you into having a child. It's a lifelong commitment and only you know if you want that. Just be happy and live and remember this . . ."People who mind don't matter. People who matter don't mind".

Best Answer

Do what makes you feel comfortable and take your time to find someone right.<br />
But understand the reason why so many older people are putting this pressure on you; they see things from down the road. They see the results of waiting too long and how sad life can be if you don't 'worry' about it at all.<br />
Right now you have tons of choices, but those choices get less and less with every year. You chose a job area, for instance. It gets harder and harder to find a new career the older you get. Your friends right now are probably unmarried like you. As time goes by, they will get married and be gone from your life--it is inevitable.<br />
Keep your freedom, but also keep an eye on your future. Take care of it and it will take care of you...

Best Answer

I am 26 and get the same thing. I feel like I am treated as some weird freak because of it.<br />
I am not bothered about being single as such. At times I worry I will never meet the right guy as I think in the future I would like the whole marriage and kids thing. But I kind of feel like I just want to be happy in myself right now and take hold of a lot of opportunities and chances which I might not get if I were tied down.<br />
It does hurt me when people go on about singletons and needing to be matched up with someone. It's almost like the message is you can't be happy unless you are with someone and that's really unhealthy. I know plently of people who are in relationships who are as miserale as anything.<br />
We are both young and need to try and ignore the comments. MUCH easier said then done I know. xx

Best Answer

Just doing the math.... age 25, so from now... two years dating, 27, 3 years engagement, 30, marriage before kids 4 years, 34. On that math you are pushing 35 when you give birth to your first child which is already dangerous territory for a first child biologically speaking as there are health issues which would need to be talked about for you and the baby. If you leave it later still it gets worse. Theoretically a woman who starts dating in her thirties is not going to be able to confidently have a healthy child or an easy birth or even get pregnant at all. I'm NOT judging, but that's the math.

Best Answer

Sorry but don't agree with that. There are plenty of women who have children well into their thirties. I run a daycare and many of the mothers are late thirties. Yes it is perhaps safer to have children in your twenties but many, many women have babies in their thirties with no problems at all.

Best Answer

Its something which is imposed by the majority weak masses in society, thats where marriage originated, the weak, not the strong, and look where most end up now.

Best Answer

Interesting hearing that. I thought that sort of pressure was not as great as it use to be. Perhaps the divorce rate being so high leads people to fear that the only available partners left if they waited too long, would be divorced ones with a family.

Best Answer

SOCIETY TRADITIONAL VALUE BRAINWASHING. When you start dating, the million dollar ? is when are you getting engaged? When you are engaged, the million dollar question is when is the wedding? When you are married, the million dollar question is when are you going to have kids? When you have 1 child, the million dollar question is when are you going to have another? These are just society general questions that people ask to have general conversations. If you do not have: husband, 2.2 kids, dog, and the white picket fence, you are ABNORMAL. You just have to be able to find a way to answer all the normal questions of society. And always remember you don't have to have a man to have a child. There is adoption, IVF, so if you don't have a decent man in your life, but have a burning desire to have a child, go for it!

Best Answer

Im 25 and go through the same thing ..all and i mean ALL of my freind are pregnant this year... I feel sufficated by all of it. I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years now, and to be honest I'm just not ready. Why is there so much pressure? When did 25 become old are these people on crack? Just be strong you'll be ready when your ready, and if not than thats ok too.

Best Answer

i think its just because of the societal pressure to be spend your best years with babies.

Best Answer

Because most women can only bear healthy children until a certain age.

Best Answer

I'm 33 and i hear the same thing. I'm free lol of that. i love being single.

Best Answer

i'm only 18 and i know so many people who are married and have babies (or babies coming) and i'm also a history buff so i'm always reading about how these women in the medieval era were shipped off to be married and have kids (some were even "married" before they were 10!) when they were tweens and you're right, it's just a ton of pressure. 25 is not old! people just seem to want to push all of their opinions onto people who don't want them.

Best Answer