In a modern day world............Its the year 2013 and yet we seem to be going backwards as far as racial differences and ideology is concerned. Why do you think this is so. =)
zonus zonus 31-35, M 24 Answers Oct 21, 2013 in Politics

Obama.<br />
Nothing gets a racist's goat more than seeing Obama. It would be less bad if he was purely black, but in their minds it's even worse because he's biracial. They have a liberal, a "race-mixer", and an educated man in 'their' white house.....The trifecta of what what the racist far right hates.

Best Answer

Well said Gnat. Thank you.

Best Answer

Ditto.

Best Answer

Why is it that it is always the liberals that wave their race card? The one consistent thing I have noticed here is that it always the liberal left that brings up race, it is always the left that tries to end discussion by leveling unfounded charges of racism.

Best Answer

"Why is it that it is always the liberals that wave their race card?" I dunno, probably because the second Obama was announced as a candidate the right went nuts. "He's kenyan", "His birth certificate is a fake", the innumerable racist comments, caricatures, use of the word nigg3r, screaming about their belief that Obama was a Muslim. TO THIS DAY PEOPLE STILL THINK HE IS A MUSLIM. The closest comparison you can even make is JFK's letter tot he american people, stating he believed in the saeparation of church and state and would NEVER allow the pope to dictate his presidency....That was prejudice against Catholics...What do you call the myriad photoshopped images of Obama wearing witch doctor outfits, the insane fanatical devotion to which the Birthers stick to? The fact that half the time I hear the Far Right talk it's about how "Obama only got elected because he was 'black'." Call a ******* spade a spade, dude...This level of discourse is CLEARLY based on his mixed race status, anyone who says otherwise is merely lying, pretending to be ignorant, or just a partisan hack.

Best Answer

Thanks for proving my point.

Best Answer

.............yes the prevalance of right wing protestors disseminating racist literature and making racist cartoons, t-shirts, fake foodstamps featuring Obama with fried chicken and watermelon totally proves your point that people only disagree with Obama on political grounds. *eyeroll* http://www.defshepherd.com/2012/10/racism-is-alive-and-well-35-incredibly.html

Best Answer

Stop looking for diamonds and pull your head out of your a.ss.

Best Answer

Typical liberal retort - you have proven my point a second time.

Best Answer

........HOW? I've ripped apart every point you've made. then you sit back and say "You proved my point." Regardless of what you may think, pointing out racist and bigoted behavior undertaken by MANY of the GOP's supporters and tea party people is NOT racist. It's called Pointing out the Bigot. By your insane interpretations the Badges the Nazi regime made the Jews, gays, Roma, etc wear probably seem like perfectly reasonable methods of 'showing your heritage'. You can call me a racist if it makes you feel better, but I'm not the one brushing off racists photoshopping bananas into Obama's hands.

Best Answer

I think we tried to sweep it under the rug because it wasn't fashionable for awhile, but the underlying attitudes remained. When Obama was elected, my mother said, "Now you'll REALLY see who's been keeping those white sheets in their closets all this time." And we certainly have.

Best Answer

I agree. A Black president is like an abomination to some here in the US.

Best Answer

Why is it that so many of 0bama's supporters won't or can't admit that there are good reasons for people to disagree with his policies and actions that have nothing to do with his race?

I am opposed to the ACA act, It has nothing to do with 0bama's race, I was opposed to it when Hillary purposed it during the Clinton administration too. There are many other reasons that I dislike this presidency that have nothing to do with race, yet I am constantly accused to being a racist by 0bama supporters, I think that perhaps they are the real racist.

Best Answer

Chickens coming home to roost.

Best Answer

Many factors support racism: fear, selfishness, ignorance, blame. <br />
there is a significant history of racism in the United States...this history cannot be easily undone.

Best Answer

Segregation was only 50 years or more ago.

Best Answer

I've had a few heated exchanges in the past with some of the people here on this thread. And I see that they're still putting ALL of the racial blame on President Obama, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson & the entire black culture.<br />
It's classic generalizing. Generalizing born out of seething hatred & deep ignorance. Those who generalize are some of the most irrational, vile, egregious, human beings on the planet! They are bigots. And many of them are in the closet when it comes to racism. In public, they'll say they have no problem with people of color. But once they're in the privacy of their own home or around people who think & feel the same as they do, racial slurs fly out of their mouths. Many of them get on their computers & take advantage of the online anonymity to vent their disdain for people of color.<br />
Lets see...I voted for President Obama, Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson have NEVER & will NEVER speak for me (I can make up my own mind) & black people, as a whole, are NOT all violent, gold tooth having, gold chain wearing, illiterate, thugs who have 10 kids & live on welfare.<br />
As a person of color, I have a degree in business, I'm a graphic designer, I'm a freelance artist, I'm a martial arts instructor & I'm a counselor for disadvantaged youth. I also donate much of my money to various charities.<br />
Hmmm...looks like I don't fit the negative narrow minded perception of black people. Oh well! haha!<br />
Ever since Barack Obama was first elected President, I & many other black people have been subjected to all kinds of horrible abuse (mostly verbal, occasionally physical). Long before he even did anything as President, the sheer amount of hatred towards him & other black people was overwhelming. Now, the hatred has grown into Godzilla like proportions!<br />
Now, people are calling those of us who complain about the negativity "professional victims". haha!! WTF?!<br />
Unfortunately, such lunacy will continue. *shakes my head*

Best Answer

Be careful that you aren't doing the same thing to the people that you are spewing hate at that you are accusing them of doing to you.

Best Answer

I'm accusing people? haha! No. I'm being brutally honest here!

Best Answer

Perhaps it is just me being defensive but you post read to me like a blanket condemnation as racist of those that find fault with 0bama's leadership. If that was not your intent then I apologize. We are all a little touchy on this topic including those of us that have become weary of having to deal with an unjustified barrage of racist accusations.

Best Answer

Sir, I've made it clear for years now that I don't have a problem with those simply disagree with President Obama or any President for that matter. We all have a right to air our grievances whenever we disagree with the things our elected leaders are doing. But at the same time, we all must be civil & respectfully agree to disagree with each other. My problem always has been, & continues to be, those who make things personal. Those who are hostile, nasty, bigoted & racist. I have battled these scumbags loooong before Barack Obama became President. And I won't back down from them, no matter how much they claim to "not be racist". If these people don't like being called racist, they should stop saying the N word. They should stop using racially offensive rhetoric.

Best Answer

well for one thing the human race is going backwards, what would make one think the year 2013 is better then 1913 as far as peoples thinking process is concerned.they where much more well mannered, family worked together,family had traditions to follow, we are a train wreck as far a human progress is concerned...

Best Answer

not much different than other countries

Best Answer

because the media wants you to think that way.

Best Answer

It seems to be hardwired into us to distrust "the other". This isn't a uniquely American trait, either. Anti-Semitism in Europe has never gone away.

Best Answer

Anti Sem exists here in the States too.

Best Answer

It does, but it seems to be more virulent among Europeans, who often like to scold Americans for their bigotry.

Best Answer

I'm seeing a lot of anti-jew and anti-black stuff on here and elsewhere way more often than I used to.

Best Answer

There is a sh!tload of that stuff on here, to be sure, but the anti-Jewish sentiment seems to be particularly prevalent among Europeans, in my opinion.

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

It is everywhere.....and it will never end...unfortunately.

Best Answer

It comes up in the news constantly. The sad thing is, it's very one-sided. No one in the media reports black on white violence. It's just not PC. But have some white guy shoot a black kid in self-defense and it's never going to be let go of. Some people even actually make money on it like Al Sharpton and the like.<br />
http://www.examiner.com/article/federal-statistics-of-black-on-white-violence-with-links-and-mathematical-extrapolation-formulas

Best Answer

four more years

Best Answer

Until what ?

Best Answer

The short answer is 0bama , he has done more to divide the country along racial and ideological lines and set the separate groups against each other than any other president. A lot of it is intentional on his part , like his taking sides on the Trayvon Martin case something he should have remained neutral on , unless he wanted to stir up racial hatred.<br />
It is interesting to me that so many 0bama supporters spew all manor of hateful things about Bush, but then come completely unguled at the merest hint of a bad word about 0bama. It seems that there is a double standard at work.

Best Answer

Even by your standards ...... the ignorance and sheer stupidity of this answer is breathtaking.

Best Answer

I didn't vote for Obama. Not because he was black, but because he sounded too much like a salesman. He talked such a slick talk, and said nothing. He promised everything, and offered little. But I will say, in all fairness, that all he did to divide the country along racial lines was to be a black man who ran for president. It was the bigots who made Obama a race issue. As far as dividing the nation along ideological lines, the Democratic Party has been doing that since Kennedy discovered he could do that to win the hippie vote.

Best Answer

Olde, if his blackness is a "lie", it's one the U.S. created it with their "one-drop" rule. "Mulatto" is a slave term and many of us consider it as offensive as the "n" word (just so you know). I bet you've never seen a "biracial" person's birth certificate ? I HAVE---my own. It lists my parents' individual races and then mine---"NEGRO". Obama's close to my age---his would say the same. He's has been treated like any other black person in terms of racist hatred. He has NEVER played the "race card", that's an evil LIE. If anything, he's made it clear that he was not trying to be "other" or "foreign", racists like the "birthers" have been the problem. And btw, he received 91% of the black vote---Kerry got 93% and Gore received 95%. So the only racist assumptions here are yours.

Best Answer

Well he is. That term is politically incorrect. Because racist people see Obama as a N*gger. Not bi-racial Man.

Best Answer

In the U.S. (where he resides) he IS a black male. In the eye of the police, certainly in the eyes of the racists here. He has NOT played the race card, police ,by and large DO target and profile blacks and Hispanics. That's just the way things are. As for his remarks after the Zimmerman verdict I, for one, appreciated the fact that he was honest about what most black people know to be true---many non-blacks do realise it too. Some are in denial because it's not been their experience, but that doesn't make it less true.

Best Answer

No, not Obama. Read my story on my profile called Dear Mr President and then youll see why.

Best Answer

Wow! I knew my answer would be controversial but this is great, a lot of you have shown who you really are. When the 0bama justice department said they would not prosecute some black crime and when 0bam came down on the side of convicting Zimmerman before he even went to trial - That is divisive, When he makes a speech accusing members of the tea party of being terrorist that is divisive. Statements made in a public speech are not accidental they are deliberate.

Best Answer

A lot of well thought out intelligent and well articulated responses here, something for every one to think about, This is what EP is for, the free exchange of Ideas and opinions, everyone has a right to express how they see things, yes even peza.

Best Answer

The Government has no race. So whether it is a Black or White President, they will always lie, cheat, and steal the rug right from underneath your eyes. Youre not smart. You just keep falling for the same stupid tricks as everyone else. =)

Best Answer

First isn't EP about the free exchange of ideas and opinions? Even those that disagree with you? Second I never claimed to be smart but if you want I'd be happy to compare IQ scores with you.

Best Answer

Yours might be higher. I can live with that if this is what you think about people. Ignorance is pure bliss.

Best Answer

Right back at you fella.

Best Answer

It's a legacy of slavey. The argument that was made to support slavey claimed that one group people are "more human" than another group of people. If the modern western world had been as brave as the Roman Empire and said that they enslaved people because they were stronger than them then racism wouldn't be as prevalent.

Best Answer

You'ge gotten some pretty interesting answers. Some of them very well thought out.

Best Answer

Racism isn't any worse than it ever was in America. America was built on racism. Consider slavery and that the want to retain a slave-ba<x>sed society actually led to a civil-war that killed two percent of the national population by its end. Consider the treatment of the Irish immigrants who came to America in the 19th century. As early as the 1920s, European Jews were seeking political asylum in the United States, which increased exponentially in the 30s; each of them was denied. Consider the building of the Trans-Continental Railway; thousands of Chinese immigrants were employed on the western portion of the railway at lower wages, and countless of them were worked to death.<br />
Let's look at such such organizations as the Ku Klux Klan, the Knights of the White Chameleon, and the Neo-Nazi (skin-heads) groups. Recall the wars waged against the Native Americans for the sake of land. Now, the freedom-loving white Americans have a new victim: Latinos..."Illegal Immigrants" they call them. It isn't restricted to race, either. Race aside, the most hated class of people in America are the low-income masses. The most prevalent, the most discriminated against, and all denied access to programs, banking, education, that the affluent enjoy at the cost of the working class.<br />
There's nothing new as far as racism and prejudice go in America; the nation was built on it.

Best Answer

It may have been built on racism, but it is still self destructive and socially damaging.

Best Answer

Fear. But I'm not sure it's so much racial as cultural.

Best Answer

Cultural is a factor.

Best Answer

there certainly are a lot of things worth worrying about that aren't related to race

Best Answer

Too complex of an issue, there are so many abstractions that lead to this subject. I just think it is a natural thing to compare and judge others. Unfortunately all the races who were oppressed times ago, none of that was forgotten and people don't want to move forward off it. Racism will never go away, just as comparing one another for personal interest in status will not go away. We really should just look inside ourselves; each and everyone and focus on our character, skills, interests and I guess love for our people we really care about. There is not always a need to compare yourself to another of a different race.

Best Answer

Because people don't comprehend a lot of things.<br />
And there is much racism everywhere. We just never have grown up.<br />
:(

Best Answer