In a modern day world............Its the year 2013 and yet we seem to be going backwards as far as racial differences and ideology is concerned. Why do you think this is so. =)
zonus zonus 31-35, M 24 Answers Oct 21, 2013 in Politics

Obama.

Nothing gets a racist's goat more than seeing Obama. It would be less bad if he was purely black, but in their minds it's even worse because he's biracial. They have a liberal, a "race-mixer", and an educated man in 'their' white house.....The trifecta of what what the racist far right hates.

Best Answer

Well said Gnat. Thank you.

Best Answer

Ditto.

Best Answer

Why is it that it is always the liberals that wave their race card? The one consistent thing I have noticed here is that it always the liberal left that brings up race, it is always the left that tries to end discussion by leveling unfounded charges of racism.

Best Answer

"Why is it that it is always the liberals that wave their race card?" I dunno, probably because the second Obama was announced as a candidate the right went nuts. "He's kenyan", "His birth certificate is a fake", the innumerable racist comments, caricatures, use of the word nigg3r, screaming about their belief that Obama was a Muslim. TO THIS DAY PEOPLE STILL THINK HE IS A MUSLIM. The closest comparison you can even make is JFK's letter tot he american people, stating he believed in the saeparation of church and state and would NEVER allow the pope to dictate his presidency....That was prejudice against Catholics...What do you call the myriad photoshopped images of Obama wearing witch doctor outfits, the insane fanatical devotion to which the Birthers stick to? The fact that half the time I hear the Far Right talk it's about how "Obama only got elected because he was 'black'." Call a ******* spade a spade, dude...This level of discourse is CLEARLY based on his mixed race status, anyone who says otherwise is merely lying, pretending to be ignorant, or just a partisan hack.

Best Answer

Thanks for proving my point.

Best Answer

.............yes the prevalance of right wing protestors disseminating racist literature and making racist cartoons, t-shirts, fake foodstamps featuring Obama with fried chicken and watermelon totally proves your point that people only disagree with Obama on political grounds. *eyeroll* http://www.defshepherd.com/2012/10/racism-is-alive-and-well-35-incredibly.html

Best Answer

Stop looking for diamonds and pull your head out of your a.ss.

Best Answer

Typical liberal retort - you have proven my point a second time.

Best Answer

........HOW? I've ripped apart every point you've made. then you sit back and say "You proved my point." Regardless of what you may think, pointing out racist and bigoted behavior undertaken by MANY of the GOP's supporters and tea party people is NOT racist. It's called Pointing out the Bigot. By your insane interpretations the Badges the Nazi regime made the Jews, gays, Roma, etc wear probably seem like perfectly reasonable methods of 'showing your heritage'. You can call me a racist if it makes you feel better, but I'm not the one brushing off racists photoshopping bananas into Obama's hands.

Best Answer

I think we tried to sweep it under the rug because it wasn't fashionable for awhile, but the underlying attitudes remained. When Obama was elected, my mother said, "Now you'll REALLY see who's been keeping those white sheets in their closets all this time." And we certainly have.

Best Answer

I agree. A Black president is like an abomination to some here in the US.

Best Answer

Why is it that so many of 0bama's supporters won't or can't admit that there are good reasons for people to disagree with his policies and actions that have nothing to do with his race?

I am opposed to the ACA act, It has nothing to do with 0bama's race, I was opposed to it when Hillary purposed it during the Clinton administration too. There are many other reasons that I dislike this presidency that have nothing to do with race, yet I am constantly accused to being a racist by 0bama supporters, I think that perhaps they are the real racist.

Best Answer

Chickens coming home to roost.

Best Answer

Many factors support racism: fear, selfishness, ignorance, blame.

there is a significant history of racism in the United States...this history cannot be easily undone.

Best Answer

Segregation was only 50 years or more ago.

Best Answer

I've had a few heated exchanges in the past with some of the people here on this thread. And I see that they're still putting ALL of the racial blame on President Obama, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson & the entire black culture.

It's classic generalizing. Generalizing born out of seething hatred & deep ignorance. Those who generalize are some of the most irrational, vile, egregious, human beings on the planet! They are bigots. And many of them are in the closet when it comes to racism. In public, they'll say they have no problem with people of color. But once they're in the privacy of their own home or around people who think & feel the same as they do, racial slurs fly out of their mouths. Many of them get on their computers & take advantage of the online anonymity to vent their disdain for people of color.

Lets see...I voted for President Obama, Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson have NEVER & will NEVER speak for me (I can make up my own mind) & black people, as a whole, are NOT all violent, gold tooth having, gold chain wearing, illiterate, thugs who have 10 kids & live on welfare.

As a person of color, I have a degree in business, I'm a graphic designer, I'm a freelance artist, I'm a martial arts instructor & I'm a counselor for disadvantaged youth. I also donate much of my money to various charities.

Hmmm...looks like I don't fit the negative narrow minded perception of black people. Oh well! haha!

Ever since Barack Obama was first elected President, I & many other black people have been subjected to all kinds of horrible abuse (mostly verbal, occasionally physical). Long before he even did anything as President, the sheer amount of hatred towards him & other black people was overwhelming. Now, the hatred has grown into Godzilla like proportions!

Now, people are calling those of us who complain about the negativity "professional victims". haha!! WTF?!

Unfortunately, such lunacy will continue. *shakes my head*

Best Answer

Be careful that you aren't doing the same thing to the people that you are spewing hate at that you are accusing them of doing to you.

Best Answer

I'm accusing people? haha! No. I'm being brutally honest here!

Best Answer

Perhaps it is just me being defensive but you post read to me like a blanket condemnation as racist of those that find fault with 0bama's leadership. If that was not your intent then I apologize. We are all a little touchy on this topic including those of us that have become weary of having to deal with an unjustified barrage of racist accusations.

Best Answer

Sir, I've made it clear for years now that I don't have a problem with those simply disagree with President Obama or any President for that matter. We all have a right to air our grievances whenever we disagree with the things our elected leaders are doing. But at the same time, we all must be civil & respectfully agree to disagree with each other. My problem always has been, & continues to be, those who make things personal. Those who are hostile, nasty, bigoted & racist. I have battled these scumbags loooong before Barack Obama became President. And I won't back down from them, no matter how much they claim to "not be racist". If these people don't like being called racist, they should stop saying the N word. They should stop using racially offensive rhetoric.

Best Answer

well for one thing the human race is going backwards, what would make one think the year 2013 is better then 1913 as far as peoples thinking process is concerned.they where much more well mannered, family worked together,family had traditions to follow, we are a train wreck as far a human progress is concerned...

Best Answer

not much different than other countries

Best Answer

because the media wants you to think that way.

Best Answer

It seems to be hardwired into us to distrust "the other". This isn't a uniquely American trait, either. Anti-Semitism in Europe has never gone away.

Best Answer

Anti Sem exists here in the States too.

Best Answer

It does, but it seems to be more virulent among Europeans, who often like to scold Americans for their bigotry.

Best Answer

I'm seeing a lot of anti-jew and anti-black stuff on here and elsewhere way more often than I used to.

Best Answer

There is a sh!tload of that stuff on here, to be sure, but the anti-Jewish sentiment seems to be particularly prevalent among Europeans, in my opinion.

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

The current administration is intent on having class warfare and making race an issue in almost every way. Laws give preference to one or more races over all others. People like Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton get all the press time they want.

Best Answer

It's the Obama haters who have made race an issue, make blatantly racist remarks about the president, who cheered the Supreme Court's decision neutering the 1965 Voting Rights Act, who are enacting laws at the state level to make it more difficult for blacks and latinos to vote. Need I say more?

Best Answer

First... Obama is not black, he is mulatto (1/2 white and 1/2 black. Second, the voting rights act is far from neutered. It simply leveled out the playing field where only a few states had to get Justice Dept approval before state and federal districts could be set... not court approval, Justice Dept approval. What laws at the State level are being made to hinder "minority" voting???

Best Answer

oldenuff, I don’t have the time, or frankly, enough interest, to go at it with you all day. Neither one of us is going to convince the other to see things differently. This will be my last statement on the subject. Yes, I know full well that Obama is half white. That would have done him no good back in the Jim Crow era, because the black part is what would have mattered. Critics who seem particularly fixated on his race like to make snide references to him being “halfrican American” or talk about his “half black, half white azz”. The EP racist who made the second remark likes to call him “your boy” to people who disagree with her assessment of the president. Call him black, mixed race, whatever…some of the president’s most virulent critics just can’t seem to stay away from talking about his race. Non-racist critics of the president don’t do this.

As far as the Voting Rights Act is concerned, it applies to various jurisdictions around the country that have historically discriminated against certain groups of people in denying them the right to vote or in making it extremely difficult for them to do so. It didn’t just apply to states of the old Confederacy (parts of Alaska and the Bronx are included), but they made up the majority of places it applied to. This was right and just …and still is. Because the poll tax and literacy tests aren’t used anymore, the Supreme Court basically said that prior approval in changing voter laws by the feds is no longer required. This ruling has been embraced and exploited by right-wing politicians. The Republican (Tea Party) controlled states in the deep South are at the forefront of crafting new voting laws to suppress the votes of people who they don’t think will vote their way. This applies not only to blacks, but Latinos, college students, elderly people, and residents of the more liberal communities across the state. The measures include reducing the hours for voting and the number of voting precincts in certain disfavored areas but not doing the same in affluent, white, conservative areas; reducing the period for early voting; enacting voter I.D. laws that allow for certain kinds of I.D. (hunting licenses) and disallowing others (student I. D.’s) that have a discriminatory impact; passing various measures that make it much more difficult for some people to register than others; and many other clever, but obvious, laws, rules, and regulations being put in place to skew the electorate. Additional information about all this is widely available from a variety of sources. This whole effort is an attempt to rig the system because the changing demographics in this country are not in favor of extreme right-wing politicians if all citizens are treated equally when it comes to access and the right to vote.

Best Answer

You are following the liberal propaganda machine, whose concept is that if you say something that's untrue or misleading enough times, it become true. In the states that have changed polling hours, ALL precincts in that state have the same hours. As far as voter ID, student ID's at most colleges are NOT secure and policed. Keep in mind that the first voter ID law (approved by the US Supreme Court) was not a Southern State, but a mid-western state.
Keep in mind that to have a case of wine delivered to my home, the law required that I have a valid state issued ID.
Keep in mind that the US Constitution and most State Constitutions specify a specific date for elections/voting... not a week or month.
If you get your fact correct, I will continue this discussion, otherwise... pls go away.

Best Answer

oldenuff, nearly everything you said in your last statement is either factually incorrect or a distortion of the facts. When Daniel Patrick Moynihan said you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts, he had people like you in mind. Because you insist on bringing your own set of "facts" to the table, there is no point in talking with you any further.

Best Answer

Let's see... National voting ::: Go to the Constitution...The U.S. Constitution sets forth the following criteria for the date of presidential elections in Article 2, Section 1:

Clause 4: Election Day

“The Congress may determine the Time of chusing [sic] the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

please note that the word is "day" not "days" not "weeks" not "month".
To allow early voting is in a word, unconstitutional.
As far as the Supreme Court affirming the Indiana Voter ID requirement... I believe the decision was brought down in 2008..... and a summery of the Opinion ... Justice Stevens, joined by Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Kennedy, found no showing of an undue burden on various voters who challenged the voter ID law on its face. Justices Scalia, Thomas and Alito would have upheld the law on the broader ground that it imposed the same requirements equally on all voters. Both opinions give great weight to the state interest in ensuring that only eligible voters cast ballots. Justice Souter, joined by Justices Breyer and Ginsburg, dissented.

This is a major defeat for the Democrats' efforts to prevent states from requiring valid identification to vote. The lawsuit was brought by the Indiana Democratic Party.

So, before you attack people whom you happen to disagree with as bringing their own set of facts, be certain that you have some idea of what you are talking about. Clearly the facts are out weighed by your opinions. And I will, in advance accept your apologies.

Best Answer

oldenuff, the only apology I’m making is one to myself for continuing to ride on this never ending merry-go-round. But thank you for illustrating my previous point in your last post. You quoted from the U.S. Constitution and came to the conclusion that early voting is unconstitutional. Here’s the reality, or the facts, on early voting: 32 states allow early voting; 27 states allow mail-in, or absentee ballots (a form of early voting), without any conditions; 2 states, including my own, automatically mail a ballot to every eligible voter. I’m not aware of any effort to have these practices overturned because they’re allegedly unconstitutional. Maybe there are some extremist constitutionalist types that think they should be, but I haven’t heard of anyone with any credibility taking that position. Regarding the voter ID issue, you spent a lot of time discussing the Indiana case, which obfuscates what is really going on with the Tea Party-dominated Republican Party and their mad rush to implement these laws. They like to assert that they’re trying to combat voter fraud, but some of them have slipped up and acknowledged that what this is really about is to make it more difficult for Democratic-leaning voters to vote and therefore throw elections to the Republicans. For example, Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai, a Republican, crowed about how PA’s new voter ID law would enable Mitt Romney to carry the state in 2012 because it would effectively disenfranchise a number of people who would more than likely vote for Obama. Too bad for him that a preliminary injunction was issued that prevented implementation of the law prior to the election. Another, more recent example, is when North Carolina GOP executive committee member Don Yelton bragged in an interview that NC’s new voter ID law would enable the GOP to “kick the Democrats’ butt” electorally. This particular fellow is a real piece of work, talking in the interview about how his “best friend is black” and that, in reference to the new law, “if it hurts a bunch of lazy Blacks that want the government to give them everything, so be it”. The whole voter fraud argument is itself fraudulent and these Republican politicians know it.

Best Answer

That's how the Democratic Party destroyed the unity (nationalism) in America. They broke society down into categories. That group is same-sex, marriage; that group is pro-choice; that group, the one in the corner, is all poor; that other group over their, well, their Mexican-Americans, etc. By breaking up the American population into groups, they could target each of them to toss a bone to secure their votes and rise to a higher power than the Republicans, who disregard everyone except the wealthy.

Best Answer

I couldn't have said it better.

Best Answer

Liberalism and Conservatism are equally as destructive. You can take that to the bank.

Best Answer

America has never been particularly unified except in times of national crisis. Sectionalism (regionalism) and disagreements over core issues such as slavery have divided Americans since its founding. Paradoxically, we are also an intensely nationalist country. I don't see that going away any time soon.

Best Answer

The Liberal Establishment has to do with this propaganda. Not Jacskon or Sharpton. And those faces are not Black. =)

Best Answer

You are correct, Jackson and Sharpton's extreme racism is not rejected by the Liberal Establishment, but embraced by it. All in the name of class warfare.

Best Answer

It is everywhere.....and it will never end...unfortunately.

Best Answer

It comes up in the news constantly. The sad thing is, it's very one-sided. No one in the media reports black on white violence. It's just not PC. But have some white guy shoot a black kid in self-defense and it's never going to be let go of. Some people even actually make money on it like Al Sharpton and the like.

http://www.examiner.com/article/federal-statistics-of-black-on-white-violence-with-links-and-mathematical-extrapolation-formulas

Best Answer

four more years

Best Answer

Until what ?

Best Answer

The short answer is 0bama , he has done more to divide the country along racial and ideological lines and set the separate groups against each other than any other president. A lot of it is intentional on his part , like his taking sides on the Trayvon Martin case something he should have remained neutral on , unless he wanted to stir up racial hatred.

It is interesting to me that so many 0bama supporters spew all manor of hateful things about Bush, but then come completely unguled at the merest hint of a bad word about 0bama. It seems that there is a double standard at work.

Best Answer

Even by your standards ...... the ignorance and sheer stupidity of this answer is breathtaking.

Best Answer

I didn't vote for Obama. Not because he was black, but because he sounded too much like a salesman. He talked such a slick talk, and said nothing. He promised everything, and offered little. But I will say, in all fairness, that all he did to divide the country along racial lines was to be a black man who ran for president. It was the bigots who made Obama a race issue. As far as dividing the nation along ideological lines, the Democratic Party has been doing that since Kennedy discovered he could do that to win the hippie vote.

Best Answer

Part of the great Obama lie is that he is black. He is mulatto. He played the race card because he knew that he could get 92 -95% of the black vote. He knew that the vast majority of blacks are racist.
The white vote was considerable less racist.... the vote was evenly split.

Best Answer

Olde, if his blackness is a "lie", it's one the U.S. created it with their "one-drop" rule. "Mulatto" is a slave term and many of us consider it as offensive as the "n" word (just so you know). I bet you've never seen a "biracial" person's birth certificate ? I HAVE---my own. It lists my parents' individual races and then mine---"NEGRO". Obama's close to my age---his would say the same. He's has been treated like any other black person in terms of racist hatred. He has NEVER played the "race card", that's an evil LIE. If anything, he's made it clear that he was not trying to be "other" or "foreign", racists like the "birthers" have been the problem. And btw, he received 91% of the black vote---Kerry got 93% and Gore received 95%. So the only racist assumptions here are yours.

Best Answer

Actually, Mulatto is a word used throughout the Caribbean and some other parts of the world. And yes, he has played the race card on many occasions. Do you remember the black college professor, he accused the cops of harassing on the basis of race??? He ws wrong. Do you remember that he was a member of the Black Caucus??? Do you remember his comments following the Zimmerman verdict???
While you were looking up the black voting percentage, did you bother to look at the actual number of black voters???
The man has referred to himself a black male.

Best Answer

Well he is. That term is politically incorrect. Because racist people see Obama as a N*gger. Not bi-racial Man.

Best Answer

One problem with political correctness, is that it enforces false labels on people, institutions and thought. Think about this... its politically correct to be a n*gga, but not to be a n*gger. Kind of dumb isn't it.

Best Answer

In the U.S. (where he resides) he IS a black male. In the eye of the police, certainly in the eyes of the racists here. He has NOT played the race card, police ,by and large DO target and profile blacks and Hispanics. That's just the way things are. As for his remarks after the Zimmerman verdict I, for one, appreciated the fact that he was honest about what most black people know to be true---many non-blacks do realise it too. Some are in denial because it's not been their experience, but that doesn't make it less true.

Best Answer

No, not Obama. Read my story on my profile called Dear Mr President and then youll see why.

Best Answer

Wow! I knew my answer would be controversial but this is great, a lot of you have shown who you really are. When the 0bama justice department said they would not prosecute some black crime and when 0bam came down on the side of convicting Zimmerman before he even went to trial - That is divisive, When he makes a speech accusing members of the tea party of being terrorist that is divisive. Statements made in a public speech are not accidental they are deliberate.

Best Answer

A lot of well thought out intelligent and well articulated responses here, something for every one to think about, This is what EP is for, the free exchange of Ideas and opinions, everyone has a right to express how they see things, yes even peza.

Best Answer

The Government has no race. So whether it is a Black or White President, they will always lie, cheat, and steal the rug right from underneath your eyes. Youre not smart. You just keep falling for the same stupid tricks as everyone else. =)

Best Answer

First isn't EP about the free exchange of ideas and opinions? Even those that disagree with you? Second I never claimed to be smart but if you want I'd be happy to compare IQ scores with you.

Best Answer

Yours might be higher. I can live with that if this is what you think about people. Ignorance is pure bliss.

Best Answer

Right back at you fella.

Best Answer

It's a legacy of slavey. The argument that was made to support slavey claimed that one group people are "more human" than another group of people. If the modern western world had been as brave as the Roman Empire and said that they enslaved people because they were stronger than them then racism wouldn't be as prevalent.

Best Answer

You'ge gotten some pretty interesting answers. Some of them very well thought out.

Best Answer

Racism isn't any worse than it ever was in America. America was built on racism. Consider slavery and that the want to retain a slave-based society actually led to a civil-war that killed two percent of the national population by its end. Consider the treatment of the Irish immigrants who came to America in the 19th century. As early as the 1920s, European Jews were seeking political asylum in the United States, which increased exponentially in the 30s; each of them was denied. Consider the building of the Trans-Continental Railway; thousands of Chinese immigrants were employed on the western portion of the railway at lower wages, and countless of them were worked to death.

Let's look at such such organizations as the Ku Klux Klan, the Knights of the White Chameleon, and the Neo-Nazi (skin-heads) groups. Recall the wars waged against the Native Americans for the sake of land. Now, the freedom-loving white Americans have a new victim: Latinos..."Illegal Immigrants" they call them. It isn't restricted to race, either. Race aside, the most hated class of people in America are the low-income masses. The most prevalent, the most discriminated against, and all denied access to programs, banking, education, that the affluent enjoy at the cost of the working class.

There's nothing new as far as racism and prejudice go in America; the nation was built on it.

Best Answer

It may have been built on racism, but it is still self destructive and socially damaging.

Best Answer

Fear. But I'm not sure it's so much racial as cultural.

Best Answer

Cultural is a factor.

Best Answer

there certainly are a lot of things worth worrying about that aren't related to race

Best Answer

Too complex of an issue, there are so many abstractions that lead to this subject. I just think it is a natural thing to compare and judge others. Unfortunately all the races who were oppressed times ago, none of that was forgotten and people don't want to move forward off it. Racism will never go away, just as comparing one another for personal interest in status will not go away. We really should just look inside ourselves; each and everyone and focus on our character, skills, interests and I guess love for our people we really care about. There is not always a need to compare yourself to another of a different race.

Best Answer