I mean, they're the same size, and they're printed on the same paper! Why can that little piece of paper be worth so much?
saxgurl212 saxgurl212 13-15, F 7 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Hobbies

Because "they" said so ;-)

Best Answer

what really sucks many people place a higher value on that same paper over a human life but then again humans suck so i see why

Best Answer

because.. they have different numbers

Best Answer

Would you rather pay for things in gold slabs?

Best Answer

I agree. I'll trade you blank pieces of paper you can put whatever you want on for those old things. Or, you can explain why you value them more than blank paper.

Best Answer

Well, the paper has sentimental value you know, so its worth more than other paper... Oh U.S. government... where did we go wrong?

Best Answer

Too sentimental I suppose.

Best Answer

That must be it!

Best Answer

Bills are notes representing that amount's worth of gold from the national treasury.... It's not like they use special paper and ink that's valuable and rare. All of that money is theoretically backed up by gold.

Best Answer

But the U.S. is so deep in debt, that in reality those papers are worth close to nothing causing prices to skyrocket... I think hahaha

Best Answer

hate to be the one who breaks it to you but that money is not backed by any gold. It is only backed by "the good faith and credit" of the United States government.

Best Answer

So technically, everything is being traded for paper?!? Paper isn't that special! Hell! I have paper in my backpack right now! XP

Best Answer

True, it isn't backed up by the gold standard anymore, but that's the best way i could figure to explain why they existed in the first place.... and the paper really was never worth anything....it symbolized the worth of something else..... just sayin

Best Answer

>.<"

Best Answer