Petstorepete Petstorepete 18-21, M 12 Answers Mar 21, 2011

Because we are playing the wait and see game. Until it is a global disaster people don't seem to know what to say.

Best Answer

I agree with NickyRachel. This was a disaster for which there is no solution and which will negatively affect Japan forever, and generations around the world for generations. I really believe that is why there was, and is, such a black-out of news about it. Any natural disaster is all over the news until you're tired of hearing about it, but not this man-made one. Barely any coverage. In my mind "they" believe there's no point in causing panic, even though it is warranted.

Best Answer

Because its blacked-out here in the U.S! Its a lot worse than they tell us! Plus when radiation Hit the West coast, to stop panic the Gov. blacked-out the media!

Best Answer

OH COME NOW!...Here in Australia, the News services carry it in all their broadcasts!

Best Answer

Who isn't talking about it? where are you getting your info from?

Best Answer

How can you cover up something everyone knows about? The reason no-ones talking about it is because there is nothing new to talk about. Or at least nothing new that's bad and the news only reports about bad things. "Meltdown averted" is not news. They got the electricity back online, fixed the pumps and the reactors are being cooled.<br />
That's the situation over, there is no more danger and so no more news.

Best Answer

there was no meltdown...so its no longer a riveting story.

Best Answer

there was a cover up for three mile island... there was a cover up for chernobyl... I wonder if japan will do a cover up?

Best Answer

Just so not to panic everyone.<br />
Everyone is worried especially now with two smoking hot!!

Best Answer

Gahdafi is taking all the "headlines" that's all. No cover up but we'll hear more about it when it does actually melt down.

Best Answer