I just tried to ask the question " who are your top 3 authors?" And EP says it violates it's guidelines!
Melonfriends Melonfriends 13-15, F 7 Answers Aug 20 in Community

EP is a small company and in order to prevent people posting anything that is offensive, particularly questions that promote terrorism or organised crime, it has to rely on automatic filters when the offices are closed.
Sometimes innocent questions fall victim to these electronic devices. I recently had a question about an opera transfer itself into mature topics, and no members under 18 could view it.

Best Answer

I just quickly posted, who are your top 3 authors? and it worked fine for me.
Perhaps someone has flagged your account!

Best Answer

No, it let me post now, but it wouldn't let me place my favourite authors within the question! So I had to respond to my question myself!

Best Answer

I can see that your question is perfectly acceptable.
I wonder if it was the word "Blackman" that triggered the filter. EP have particularly strong feelings on any questions that could "stir up" a debate on racial hatred.

Best Answer

Maybe, but it's a person's surname! And I couldn't not include my favourite author! She is awesome!

Best Answer

It is a pity that we have to use filters, but the only option would be to not allow questions to post until they were checked for content. Although other sites use this system when their offices are closed, no one would want that system in place on EP.
Kindest Regards. Wills. (EP volunteer team UK)

Best Answer

You have someone flagging your posts.

Best Answer

Really? Why?

Best Answer

or that.... if it happens after you asked.... and not while asking....

Best Answer

maybe a troll or an Ep rival

Best Answer

I don't have any rivals to my knowledge

Best Answer

She hasn't been able to post it?!! Flagging happens when the question is asked

Best Answer

a troll then

Best Answer

Right!!! that's never happened to me then

Best Answer

The word perhaps. EP scans of words is maybe not too sophisticated. But it could also just be a glitch. Change the wording from "top" to "favorite" or something like that and try again

Best Answer

It's let me ask it now, but it wouldn't let me include my three favourite authors underneath!

Best Answer

Blame it in Allie!!

Best Answer

This site has got it's *** backwards I swear

Best Answer

Ep is stupid sometimes

Best Answer

That is definitely weird!

Best Answer

maybe use the word favourite instead of top....

Best Answer

I know! There was nothing inappropriate about it! I just listed my top 3 favourite authors underneath the question!

Best Answer

well if EP doesn't let you ask something, you can't even ask the question, it doesn't get published.... if you can ask the question and it gets deleted after you published it, someone flagged it....

Best Answer

They are not letting me publish it! It just says that it violates the EP guidelines, when It says nothing wrong!

Best Answer

Tried that, still won't work!

Best Answer

It's let me ask it now, but it wouldn't let me list my top 3 underneath!

Best Answer

then one of the top 3 authors of yours must be blacklisted....

Best Answer

What do you mean?

Best Answer

one of your top 3 authors must have a weird name that triggers your question to get blacklisted...

Best Answer

Oh, well someone suggested that malorie Blackman might have been the trigger for it earlier

Best Answer