Feel free to argue your point. :)
YourBFF YourBFF 26-30, M 8 Answers Jul 22, 2012

Fear is a cruel taskmaster. It closes off rational thinking and imposes irrational thinking on its self-created victims.

Best Answer

Oh, good point. Well put.

Best Answer

Hello ,

well for a start , how do you know for sure what is obvious to 'more' people then only yourself ? ..

unless you inhabit multiple life forms simultaneously ? ..

would you reccomend that the readers of your question take it on 'faith' that you have such an understanding upon witch you can base this assumption of your own that 'anything that needs to be taken by faith cant stand on its own merits' ,

hmm ok ..therefore .. can your question , stand on its own merits based as it is on your faith in your own understanding ? .. because perhaps the reader does not share your faith in yourself and rather places their faith beyond the scope of petty 'merits'

that is to say ,, your question itself seems it needs to be taken in faith , if it is to be taken seriously at all , being as it is based entirely on your personal understanding of impersonal realitys.

so your logic is hard to follow .. but if i understand correctly .. ill try to break it down for ya,

the reason more people are not lacking in faith is because they have descovered it :)

Faith has very little or perhaps nothing in common with merits , if you still are seeking merits . you find faith where the need for merit subsides ..

i have some faith that your question is good and you will care what i say but if not , i dont honestly care for such merits because my faith stands on stronger legs then those.

all the best :)

manyrespects,

igomental.

Best Answer

Thank you for your answer and for your faith that my question was genuine. It was.
It wasn't my own though. I borrowed the logic from a quote I found. The logic made sense to me. I don't think you need to have faith in my question to understand it. Do you have to have faith that I know what the meanings are of the words I am using? My question has plenty of merit. It is grammatically correct and it is based on sound logic. Why are you questioning the merits of my question when you say that merits themselves are petty things? I think your faith is based on wishful thinking, but thank you for your answer. All the best :)

Best Answer

your question is obviously based on your own personal understanding good man , and your understanding is no more or less real then what some people call faith :)
perhaps you should not borrow other peoples logic unless you can be sure that logic is not flawed ?
true i dont need to have faith in your question to understand it , but i do if i am to take what you ask seriously because lets face it the question is based on your faith in yourself , or your borrowed logic .
why it is that i question the merits of your question is because the question itself was in my opinion based on your faith , aka . based on an unprovable assumption and 'borrowed' logic.
it sounds like your saying other peoples faith < your own faith based on nothing but faith. :)
haveasmile,
igomental.

Best Answer

Fair enough. To each his own mind.
Essentially, my point is that it makes me sad that across the planet, myriads of human beings silence the nagging voices in the back of their heads that asks, "how is god a sure thing?" because they feel that faith overrules thinking and using logic.

Best Answer

To each their own mind you say ? i dont think i could agree more .. :)
and im sorry you are sad for all of the people assume are less 'logical ' when it comes to their own personal faith in whatever they have faith in .. you for example have faith in words and meanings the human mind looks for patterns .. you call it logic .. i call it closed minded.
Essentially MY point is that it is what i would call 'your faith' alone that you make the assumptions that form the basis of your arguements against it ,
Indeed , you are starting also to repeat the mistake of speaking on behalf of 'myriads of human beings' that you cannot in all reality assume to represent or begin to understand if that understanding was not based on some strange 'Faith' of your own ..
I myself have no 'nagging voice' in the back of my head , unless that would be only my own thoughts .. and my thoughts never asks ' how is god a sure thing ' because i know it with my whole body , my whole energetic being .. if you will .. the 'rational' mind can not alone grasp faith that is beyond itself in nature .
Faith underlies all logic , even your own...
Ill close with a quote from the new york times , Nov. 24, 2007
"science has its own faith-based belief system. All science proceeds on the assumption that nature is ordered in a rational and intelligible way. You couldn’t be a scientist if you thought the universe was a meaningless jumble of odds and ends haphazardly juxtaposed."
Thanks for the faith, you make me smile :)
igomental.

Best Answer

People don't understand logic and proof, so they just follow their parents and do what they are told or shown. Thinking is not permitted in mot households. Wasn't in mine until I left hom and started my own family.

I had 2 kids at that stage and one day I was watching Dr Who with my son and explaining how the Doc uses his brain and not violence to overcome foes. After about 5 minutes my son looked uo at me and asked "Do you think I'll be able to use my brain someday". Very cute but sadly at age 38 I have to say he still hasn't.

Best Answer

why isn't it obvious to more people that that's the very basis of faith.

Best Answer

Since the basis of faith is that it has no inherent merit, doesn't faith seem silly? It does to me.

Best Answer

silly is in the eye of the beholder. i see it this way. when nobody really knows (nobody does) and the choice is to believe in something indescribably beautiful or believe in nothing, it's silly to believe in nothing. and inherently negative.

Best Answer

But I don't believe in nothing. I believe in everything that makes logical sense, and a lot of stuff makes logical sense! Furthermore, I can appreciate the beauty of real things as well as the beauty of ideas that have no base in reality, but if it's inherently negative to call beautiful magic based in fiction, then I would argue that a person's disbelief in Santa Claus would make them equally negative.

Best Answer

as usual with an atheist, there's nothing in your words that offers anything even remotely close to evidence against the existence of a Creator. blind disbelief is no better than blind following of any organized religion. and comparing a provably fictional character like santa claus to God is apples and oranges. deny all you like, but there is debate about God's existence. we all know santa's fake after a certain age.

Best Answer

I'm not saying I can prove god's nonexistence. That's impossible. I'm saying there is no proof of god's existence.
Blind disbelief in things that I have never seen and that don't have any logical backing to them makes me smart. Religions are cults.

Best Answer

blind disbelief makes you no smarter than blind belief. there is a huge difference between faith and blind belief. you're right about organized religion. it is cults, but like so many atheists, you fail to see that God and religion are apples and oranges. blind disbelief makes you every bit as stupid as you think blind belief is.

Best Answer

I think I agree with you : )

Best Answer

i don't know that is a lot of big words for me to decipher in that question and i don't have the energy to understand it.

Best Answer

Well thank you for your honesty. Maybe you'll come back when you're more awake. :)

Best Answer