That seems like the simplest, most logical choice to me. Then everyone is giving exactly the same percentage of their income to the government, and all this debating about it can end. Why wouldn't that be practical/sustainable/etc. ? I understand that the rich would be paying way more in taxes, and if the tax rate was unreasonable it might be difficult on the poor, but currently poor people get tax breaks, the rich get tax breaks, and the middle class gets ******. I must be delusional, but to me it seems the best way to even the playing field would be for everyone to give exactly the same proportion of their income, that way it's making an equal dent in everyone's quality of life.
fxckup fxckup 22-25, F 10 Answers Sep 21, 2012 in Politics

flat tax 9 9 9 lololo it is reasonable to u and me we make great incomes but a tax of twenty per cent or whatever would be onerous on the poor so there would have to be some exemptions made like there is now

Best Answer

I cant even answer this, it just gave me a headache

Best Answer

it seems like you're probably knowledgeable on the subject then. do you have at least a few points to offer on why it's a bad idea?

Best Answer

15% across the board. No one exempt. Especially congress.

Best Answer

It is the only reasonable and fair way to tax, you pay 15 cents on every dollar you earn be it one or one billion.

You'll never see it happen because the bleeding heart liberals would loose most of their support when those who previously weren't paying any taxes suddenly had to pay a few dollars and no longer had any incentive to vote for democrats.

Best Answer

Ugh that is just way to much to type but basically it really screws those who don't make much money

Best Answer

If a country has more expenditure than income ( taxation) you have the present situation, the Churches need to be taxed.

Best Answer