nikoe nikoe 41-45 16 Answers Jul 30, 2009

It's a pretty accepted policy in the USA to have only one spouse, male or female. I think it should be up to the people involved as long as it doesn't mean slavery. I don't think who we marry or how many we marry is up to anyone but us, but in America, everyone has to mind everyone elses business. And shove their morality down everyones throat. Go figure.

Best Answer

Extremely well and succinctly put!

Best Answer

Polyandry is a custom and also a necessity in Tibet because there is a higher ratio of men to women. It is still practiced there and also among refugee Tibetans in India. There are two very practical reasons.

One is that a woman may marry 2 or more brothers in a family because each one may be on the road for months at a time to do, for example yak herding or carpet trading in another part of the country while one brother stays home and tends the farm. The brothers take turns staying at home.

The other reason is that a woman may have one marriage

that has been arranged to forge a bond between two families and another for love so she has 2 husbands.

I have a number of friends who have one or the other type of arrangement and they live harmoniously with multiple husbands. There's no jealousy and the wife is treated with respect. Tibetan families are matriarchal.

I don't think it would work in the US because it's not a natural or necessary part of the culture.

Best Answer

I agree with Artisina that too often now that others are interfering in one's own business. Who's business is it of theirs to limit who we love and don't love that we can't marry 2+ people if we love them both?

Best Answer

I don't think it's legal in the US to be actually married to more than one person. There are couples that have open marriages though, where they are legally married to one person but have relationships with other people.

Best Answer

I would accept to be is this kind of relationship if the woman is really a great an exceptional one. I growth up seeing my mom unhappy with my dad but she would leave because of the us .. so i feel like woman should have sas much power and choices as they can handle..

Best Answer

i think the questions concerns OPEN polyandry...so yes, i wonder too why we do not hear about any cases

it most probably is less frequent that polygyny (its in our nature)

Best Answer

More than one spouse is not legal in the US. If you marry, and were prior married and did not complete a divorce, then the new marriage is void or annulled.

Best Answer

2 husbands sounds like to much work..

Best Answer

THEYRE supposed to do most of the work, lol.

Best Answer

It is an out of the "norm" relationship and although it does happen more then 1 would think it is kept quiet so as not to upset any family dynamic......at least it is in our case and I am betting in many other's as well.

Best Answer