Why is society ok about women having mood swings but don't tolerate men having sudden unexpected mood changes?
artymike8 artymike8 41-45, M 13 Answers Apr 8 in Community

It depends on what they DO with those mood swings. Women cry and eat ice cream. Men go and shoot up their workplace.

Best Answer

Yet women kill their newborns or older kids.

Best Answer

Men kill their families, too---AND shoot up their workplaces.

Best Answer

Personally I cry and eat icecream ! Lol

Best Answer

Some men, is that what you meant ??

Best Answer

Of course.

Best Answer

So how do you explain women who kill their coworkers, neighbors, or even supposed friends? Hmmmmmm.

Best Answer

Statistics---you KNOW that's what I look at---the percentages per gender. How many women kill total strangers as opposed to men ? Hmmm ? It's unusual enough that you can name them.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_crime#In_the_United_States

Best Answer

Society isn't accepting of mood swings in general.....But, at some point, many women get hormone imbalances that accompany menopause. Men, in general don't experience them.

Best Answer

I don't t hink, male or female, society has any tolerance for anyone these days.

Best Answer

They get to blame PMS (whether true or not).

Best Answer

It's biological for them, they can't help it. Plus they are the ones who have babies, they get to complain...you ever see them pop one of those little suckers out? Traumatizing....

Best Answer

I don't think everyone is as judgmental as you believe. Everyone has mood swings .. and it's not about which gender is having them. The problems come when they're too often and no one is doing anything about them .. in either gender.

Best Answer

its a mystery

Best Answer

Best Answer

What society?! We tend to see the world as we are. So this idea is in your head

Best Answer

So is all this an illusion? Are you Buddhist ??

Best Answer

It reveals how you think. So you're inhibited by maybe what you were taught. No, I'm not a Buddhist but a psychology lecturer

Best Answer

Er...not sure what society you live in. So far as I can tell men still rule the roost by and large.

Best Answer

Its still more acceptable. Men are just seen as psycho or dangerous!
Women are forgiven and other women usually comfort them .

Best Answer

Perhaps b/c most crime is committed by and large by men, so people respond appropriately to a potential threat. I don't hear of many women murdering or raping other people. Statistically speaking it's definitely rare.

Best Answer

I am male. Never raped or killed anyone. Does that make statistically female now??

Best Answer

I didn't say all men did that, why are you so defensive?

Best Answer

That's 'you've' really missed your calling'.........not "you".

Best Answer