shap36 shap36 41-45, M 18 Answers Jan 24, 2012

Remembering birthdays is sort of a sentimental thing, so I guess it'd be tied to emotions. Therefore, women are more likely to remember things like birthdays and anniversaries.

Best Answer

Biologically, women are hardwired for relationships to be their most important motivator. Birthdays are about relationships. Men are primarily hardwired for aggression, attaining goals, and $ex. Since birthdays don't pose a threat, isn't something to be achieved or discovered, and is only loosely associated with $ex in our minds, we tend to forget them.

Another factor, as pointed out by several people, is women's emotions. Her brain has a larger and more active emotional center that plays an important part in her emotional memories. Birthdays are an emotional occurrence/memory for women. This area of the brain is, dare I say, underdeveloped in men.

Women who accept the man's natural shortcomings and remind him of upcoming birthdays and anniversaries, tend to have a more harmonious relationship. And for the women who are saying, "Unfair," we generally accept the natural shortcomings of PMS and work with it. It is all about acceptance and balance.

The synergy of a man/woman relationship is at its best when we work together and allow ones strengths to strengthen the others weaknesses.

Best Answer

Well-said!

Best Answer

men haven't perfected the art of tapping on the side of their brains that would make them ideally compatible with all the women around the world -yet..:)

Best Answer

Because it really isn't that important and honestly, how many times does a guy get a chick's birthday *right*? There is always something better he should have just magically known about. I've known guys who even after trying really hard still get it wrong. I don't blame them for not trying after a while.

Best Answer

They are wired to think of anything that is of importance :-/ yet funnily enough they sure do think of themselves alot...go figure

Best Answer

i actually always remember? if your with someone i mean obviously they mean something to you ive never forgot an anniversary or birthday guess depends on the type of guy

Best Answer

Maybe they are less sentimental?

Best Answer

because just doing life is much harder for us than we let on. everyday there are hundreds of decisions we make, and as fast as we can. we should hire someone to remind us, though. Several, like the florist, they would love to do it. just take a list of dates and give them your cell # to call 4 days ahead or so.

Best Answer

Psychological studied have shown over and over than (in general), women have better memories, and women tend to attach an emotional significance to the day which helps it stick in their memory.

Best Answer

they remember their birthday. It dose not matter as much to them? or there not all that bright.

Best Answer

Oh. Well that's alright then. I just thought I was a bad person.

Best Answer

Personally.. it's just another day for me.

Best Answer

we don't find them as important most likely.

Best Answer