This is an example in which history seems to matter. When buttons first appeared in the 17th century, they were seen only on garments of the wealthy. At that time it was the custom for rich men to dress themselves and for women to be dressed by servants.<br />
Having women's shirts button from the left thus made things easier for the mostly right-handed servants who dressed them. Having men's shirts button from the right made sense not only because most men dressed themselves, but also because a sword drawn from the left hip with the right hand would be less likely to become caught in the shirt. Today, virtually no women are dressed by servants, so why is buttoning from the left still the norm for women?<br />
In economics, a norm, once established, resists change.

Best Answer

HERE U GO ....THE BEST ANSWER

Best Answer

ya, i just googled it. I knew the answer, but I'm lazy :P

Best Answer

Yup, that's it.

Best Answer

because the Bible says so

Best Answer

wrong boss.......funny reply with no sense lol

Best Answer

saintmaj could you please tell me the passage in the bable that says so.

Best Answer

Gospel by Tweegy 16-24 : woman will wear buttons on the left,or they will wear nothing at all.

Best Answer

Best Answer

16-25 it's better when they wear nothing at all

Best Answer

Apparently buttons were not (often?)used for women until the 19th century, when it became fashionable, the people of the times thought it was better to differentiate the clothes according to the wearer's gender.

Best Answer

its ur ideology right?

Best Answer

my? It's not my ideology, it's about the history of fashion. Personally I wouldn't have made a difference.

Best Answer

ok

Best Answer

TheBenis got it--I'm bettin' he read my answer to the same question last month! LOL

Best Answer

This is a mystery....and only the higher power knows why.

Best Answer

come on ......nothing mystery behind it .....u just need to observe

Best Answer

I've observed...what's the deal??...do tell.

Best Answer

cause women be azz backwards:)

Best Answer

Its purpose is to complicate and delay the process of removing the shirt/blouse from your woman when in the heat of passion. Its pretty much the same reason that the catches on a brassier are usually in the back.

Best Answer

because that's just how THEY decided it ought to be.

Best Answer

Lol! I didn't have the time to notice. But I will investigate when I have the time to. aha!

Best Answer

sure ..hey u gals should know this ...im amazed u need to find it out

Best Answer

maybe we use different sides of our brains?

Best Answer