I swam nude from about third grade until I was a junior in high school. We moved for my senior year and I finished HS in a school without a pool. I cannot say that I either enjoyed swimming nude or regretted having to swim nude- that was simply the way it was, and no one questioned it. In fact, I never remember even having a conversation about it with adults or with other kids. It was simply a fact of life- girls swam for PE in ugly one piece suits, and the boys swam in their birthday suits. That was how things were done. You did not wear your gym clothes to science class, and you did not wear your football uniform to basketball practice. In swimming class, if you were a boy, you wore a uniform, the same uniform that you wore when you were born into this world. That was simply how it was, and no one questioned whether it was good or bad. Today, I don't think that you could force kids to swim nude, but having suits-optional swims in single gender classes would probably be a good idea.

Best Answer

Cause of old perverts like you?

Best Answer

I got that drift as well. Creeeeepy!

Best Answer

Yeah hes a sick old fecker

Best Answer

it's all fun and games until someone gets sodomized

Best Answer

Way more awareness of homosexuality and perverts nowadays.<br />
And that's silly really. What would be the point of holding classes in the nude?<br />
Unless of course, you have some sort of fetish about swimming in the nude and exhibiting that to other people. Or if you yourself like seeing naked boys.

Best Answer

This is in fact how it was during the 1960s-70s in the Midwest and places in the East. The Y where I learned to swim in Michigan, and our two local high schools, all had the boys swim nude and the girls wore black tanks. No one thought anything of it, that's just the way it was. Our middle-school swim class at the Y was all boys, but the instructors were both male and female high school students. The male instructors also went in nude, the girls wore suits, all in the same pool at the same time. <br />
At high school the pool was right across from the lunch room, and kids of both genders would bring homework into the pool deck to study while the guys below swam nude in PE class. <br />
The last nude pools that I recall using were at Univ of Virginia, Catholic Univ in DC, and the DC YMCA, all in 1972-77. After 1980 or so, just about all pools began requiring suits for guys.<br />
I'm grateful for it now. I learned to take pride in my body and not be ashamed of the person God made me to be. It seemed natural at the time, and still does. The way that Americans freak out with embarrassment about their bodies is what seems odd to me today. Germany, where I lived for a number of years, has a much more honest, mature and healthy attitude toward the human body than our current US population seems to have.

Best Answer

That was what I was trying to say. It seems that after 1980 we have high ranking men commonly arrested in the men's bathroom for sex. And on the news they make the claim that they are married. And we have a whole social media campaign that is trying to make men behave like women. How can a male be a female when we are a male. Yet I see it all of the time. One of the comments above was suggesting that nude swimming was the same thing as anal sex. Another comment was that nude swimming was the definition of homosexuality. Another comment was that nudity is something to be ashamed of. Yet there was no comment of the common practice after 1980 of men (high ranking administrators making $300,000 and up) soliciting police officers for sex in the men's bathroom and other public places such as at a University or public business establishment. I have seen it happen over and over since 1980. And finally I see another comment that nude swimming is done by pedophiles. I an truly afraid of the strange new society that we now live in.

Best Answer

Theres enough problems with pedophiles as it is

Best Answer

It seems so strange to look back at that now. As much as I am into nudity now, I really don't believe that's the proper situation at ALL for young boys/ You couldn't opy-out, either. But nobody said anything back then. The girls swam in the nude, too

Best Answer

All i can say, is that I'm glad, I never went swimming with you. You should hope that you don't live near me. Are you ******* serious?

Best Answer

The only problems I have had with perverts and sex maniacs were in the University after 1980 where everyone was required to always were cloths at all times. So I think that no nude recreation creates the sick society we live in today. Well, this is my experience.

Best Answer

Haha. There is this high school called Fenwick where I grew up. Private, expensive, and very highfalutin. All men. Well, it used to be. In the 70's. Now it's coed. I think 9 weeks out of every school year the men had to take swimming. They swam buck naked. The school said that it saved money on water and filtration. You can imagine the hell the kids got who went there.

Best Answer

no idea, it worked in the 60's. saved the school money too, I'm sure

Best Answer

because we are in the 21st century

Best Answer

And everyone is a sex maniac (in the 21th century)

Best Answer

There is a think line between being ignorant and civilised.

Best Answer

*thin

Best Answer

I remember that. I remember going to the YMCA and all the boys had to swim and shower nude. They told us the cloth from our bathing suits were ruining the filter in the pool. I remember the pool had a big window that looked into the office.

Best Answer

IDK....WHY CANT U SWIM NUDE OR NAKED

Best Answer

Personally I think swimming nude is the way to go. For both genders. Swimming classes should be mixed genders with all nude. If boys and girls get used to being naked around each other it eliminates the curiosity. Neither group will be tempted to peak at the other because they already know what they all look like nude.

Best Answer

I must have missed something as i don't remember that...

Best Answer

we had to do mixed nude swim class at my schools

Best Answer

I'd certainly like that if it would be not only buys but girls as well. I mean, I'm a girl and I love to swim in the nude too. Today most swimming classes are coed, but that doesn't make any difference to me. I mean, beaches are coed too and I go nude there as well.

Best Answer

I'll be honest, I'm old enough to remember something like that, and I'm sure I would if I had been one of those boys who swam nude like that. However, I never did so I'm wondering where/when it was the norm? I grew up in Ohio in the 60s/70s.

Best Answer

We swam nude in MA. in the 60's at the Y

Best Answer

I LOVED nude gym class

Best Answer

I'll be brief. Having lived through all of that and more, the attitudes expressed by those who are opposed to the idea are the ones responsible for the "wussification" or "feminization" of America. If America would go back to those ideals that resulted in men being men and women being women you would see the perverts go back under the rocks where they belong; or else never grow up to be perverts in the first place.

Best Answer

While I don't agree with the "men being men" etc, I do partially agree with your last statement. I think that having nudity not by a taboo would have an effect in the fact that it wouldn't be as "thrilling" and risque etc.

Best Answer