MsLetty MsLetty 26-30, F 8 Answers Mar 6, 2013 in Community

I know what you mean, but there's a difference between NOT tipping at all and leaving a good tip. I believe it is still customary to leave 15% for acceptable service and 20% and above for exceptional service. If service is BAD, leave less obviously. Knowing that the reason why those in that industry are paid below minimum wage is because they depend on tips. Leave 5% if they haven't yet figured out that when they do a good job they will profit from it, but don't think you are doing anything but making them LESS likely to go out of there way next time, if you leave nothing.

Best Answer

Depends on how bad the service. If its very bad than bad tip. But we should remember people who get tips are paid below min. wage and have to rely on tips.

Best Answer

I dont give tip for bad services

Best Answer

I disagree. Waiters and waitresses have a tough job, not to mention, most that hold that employment have a more "meager" life.. That's why they're in that job. You never know how their day is going, how it began or any other personal problems that may be affecting their lives. Sh!tty service or not, I always tip. If you don't like the waiter or waitress then there's always the chance to be the bigger person and simply refrain from visiting the restaurant after that point.

Best Answer

I find that a little offensive. Your saying meager. I have held positions before in busy places where you could make over one hundred dollars an hour. Its great supplemental income, especially for students.

Best Answer

Apologies, what term should have I used? "Unsecured"? How about "lower middle class... If they're lucky"? You're trying to instigate this, when if you go back up and actually read it, I use the word "most". Congratulations on being able to make "over one hundred dollars an hour" sometimes, but once again.. Without the job and especially the generous tips if others, your life, student or not... Would be very meager.

Best Answer

I agree. <br />
If I have an astonishingly rude waiter, I don't tip. I can understand if service is slow but the server is very apologetic- hey, I understand that sometimes someone doesn't show, sometimes the kitchen gets backed up, etc. That's not the waiter's fault. But if he/she just acts like a complete a$$hole, NO TIP FROM ME. You should have been a gentleman/lady.

Best Answer

You're not obligated to tip for any service... but I would give a 20% tip for outstanding service and little-to-nothing for bad service.

Best Answer

A lot of people do not tip when they are given bad service..... or only leave like a dollar for the service they did get.

Best Answer

I heard her complaining that I didn't leave 20% and she needs to make a living. BS She chose her job, I didn't. Didn't ask me if I needed anything after she dumped my cold food on the table and started texting people and flirting with the guys 2 tables away. Grrr... Entitled, I swear.

Best Answer