I suffer from a disorder called Maladaptive Daydreaming. Definition of it: Maladaptive Daydreaming is a term to describe a condition in which an individual excessively daydreams or fantasizes, sometimes as a psychological response to prior trauma or abuse. Excessive daydreaming may begin as an outlet for creativity or as a method of escaping trauma or abuse. The daydreamer experiences very vivid and intricate fantasies and may become emotionally attached to the characters in their fantasies or express emotions they are feeling through vocal utterances or changing facial expressions, although most keep such behavior hidden from others. Maladaptive daydreamers know the difference between reality and fantasy; they realize that everything they are dreaming about is a fantasy. The reason I am sharing this is because many of us that have it, are too embarrassed to say anything. I want you to look it up. Ask questions. Not many people even know about this disorder.
Rosethewolf Rosethewolf 18-21, F 4 Answers Apr 22 in Community

thank you for your post, it was very informative

Best Answer

I prefer the simpler terms of yesteryear before everything became a disorder of just having a Vivid Imagination.

Best Answer

I say its more then that well I sometimes can't stop it and it is affecting my life.

Best Answer

That's pretty much the definition of what was called a "Vivid Imagination".

Best Answer