I suffer from a disorder called Maladaptive Daydreaming. Definition of it: Maladaptive Daydreaming is a term to describe a condition in which an individual excessively daydreams or fantasizes, sometimes as a psychological response to prior trauma or abuse. Excessive daydreaming may begin as an outlet for creativity or as a method of escaping trauma or abuse. The daydreamer experiences very vivid and intricate fantasies and may become emotionally attached to the characters in their fantasies or express emotions they are feeling through vocal utterances or changing facial expressions, although most keep such behavior hidden from others. Maladaptive daydreamers know the difference between reality and fantasy; they realize that everything they are dreaming about is a fantasy. The reason I am sharing this is because many of us that have it, are too embarrassed to say anything. I want you to look it up. Ask questions. Not many people even know about this disorder.
Rosethewolf Rosethewolf 18-21, F 4 Answers Apr 22 in Community

thank you for your post, it was very informative

Best Answer

I prefer the simpler terms of yesteryear before everything became a disorder of just having a Vivid Imagination.

Best Answer

I say its more then that well I sometimes can't stop it and it is affecting my life.

Best Answer

That's pretty much the definition of what was called a "Vivid Imagination".

Best Answer

fascinating... so how do you know if you have it?

Best Answer

I have been doing this since I was a child, maybe since I was five.

Best Answer

i just took a test and it said i have it to... also similar to asperger's syndrome which I have... you shouldn't be ashamed of it. psychological syndromes, disorders, and diseases are fascinating to the human mind since everyone wonders about themselves. who knows, you may be educating someone who might have it as well. you did it for me

Best Answer

:) sometimes I love it and sometimes I don't. Well it is hard not to. I created people inside of my mind to comfort me. I have conversations with them and they make me happy.

Best Answer

well it seems common in most cases since everyone fantasizes which most do but its also how ideas come to life. use this to become creative! you could write stories, draw pictures, anything really. great ideas come from the creative minds that begin to think and fantasize

Best Answer

I have started to write about my daydreams, i have tried to draw pictures but they suck X3

Best Answer

haha hey, they can only get better over time :D

Best Answer

yeah that is true

Best Answer