This is a very selfish answer. I confess, even though kids seem drawn to me, and I help them find occupations that help them play and learn at the same time... I actually find them very irritating. It's just impossible to have a good heart to heart with my girlfriends when they drag their kids along. The kids are interrupting and demanding attention every few minutes. There's no opportunity to get into any depth of conversation. I wouldn't mind if it was just once in a while.They are really nice little people in their own way. But you have to wait years for them to grow up, years for your friend to become available again. To be honest, I now steer clear of any potential new friend if she has kids still at home. I guess the mothers probably find it easier to have friendships with other mothers too.<br />
By the way, have you noticed how impossible it is to listen to live music when there are kids around?<br />
I do understand that raising kids is the hardest job in the world, and must take priority over every other aspect of life while they're growing, and that they do help us grow and mature into better people... but gee wiz some parents are blind when they don't see how their kids' behaviour affects others.

Best Answer

I'm 30 and have known for years (since I was in my early teens) that I didn't want kids. Don't tell me that I will change my mind when I meet the right guy or that having a kid is the best gift that I can give a man. If he is the right guy then not having kids shouldn't be a problem. I don't hate kids but I don't love them either. They are ok in short bursts of time. It is NOT selfish to not want kids. A person can live a happy, healthy, and normal life and not have kids. Why should a person have kids and then resent them? What kind of life is that for the kid? For me, I am a happy mother to a wonderful cat. I adopted her a year ago (about 6 months after my Siamese seal point died). One day, I will adopt another Siamese seal point so that my new kitty will have a friend of the feline persuasion. I'm not selfish for not wanting kids. I just don't care about dealing with all the crap that parents have to deal with when they have a child. Anyway, my parents are ok with being grandparents to a cat. They even have a stocking for her at Christmas and even make sure that she has at least one gift under the Christmas tree. My cat is my kid and anyone who knows me knows that I treat my cat better than most people treat their kids. My cat is well behaved and has manners...except the few times that she thinks that it is ok for her to clean her privates in front of guests. Sigh. If that's the worst thing she does then we're all good.

Best Answer

Ec, I don't like kids at all. Don't know why?

Best Answer

Many reasons,,,but I would think it's because they themselves aren't willing to give up their freedom,,and thus create issues with children so they won't develop a fondness towards them,,,plus if you've ever seen a child misbehaving at the grocery store and you're still in your 20's it can leave a rather huge impression on your choice to have one for your very own,,,,,I raised my 2 oldest cuz my ex wife didn't want me to be free to have sex with every woman in town,,,at least that's how she thought,,,plus she was the most selfish person on earth,,,,lol

Best Answer

I know I would like your kids!

Best Answer

:-)

Best Answer