Always, Hollywood has us chasing youth. Of course, we older women aren't respected. We have lumps where young girls-and I didn't have them until of late-don't have them. Young girls breasts don't sag or if they do, they have them lifted. God help you if you breast feed, they will droop some after that. Thinness to the point of starvation is the "thing" and by now, at my age, I don't give a hoot if you like me or not. If you don't like me for who I am and what my mind says, then go away. But, yes, youth is idealized in today's world.

Best Answer

im not called girl im called by my name or mame

Best Answer

i'm thirty three and i consider myself to be a grown woman, lets face it we have been called worse...i think it's because women are becoming more assertive and powerful in their own right.so now they are trying to put us down by calling us girls to take us back to that state of vulnerability..so if you get called one just correct them and say uh-uh, i'm all woman..:-)

Best Answer

It is the same with males being called boys. I guess we all want to be seen as youthful.

Best Answer

Sometimes we say "the boys" like "the boys night out" - but a 45 year old man usually won't refer to himself as a "boy"." However, I' overheard a wrinkly faced woman describe HERSELF as "the GIRL who lives in the yellow house." I think it's true in a way what you say - America wishes all girls would stay girls and not grow into women. Al Bundy said it best: A real MAN's Man loves girls but hates women! Women has sort of become a "dirty" word in a society that admires young females ONLY. It's a shame, because women should be proud to call themselves "women." It's like they are belittling themselves by calling themselves "girls." Like, "Oh, I'm just a sweet harmless little girl - not a full grown women you might have to deal with!"

Best Answer

i dont like being called a little girl....only my bf can call meh that HEAR THAT AMERICA

Best Answer

Society calls them girls because everyone wants to retain to the fountain of youth for a long time. Even though grown women should be called women, no one want to admit to themselves that they have aged.

Best Answer

It's not just America. Women as strong power-pla<x>yers is something communities the world over are still coming to terms with.

Best Answer

i think it has to do with the level of respect one might have toward females in general. I personally don't go around calling grown women girls even if they do act like one :)

Best Answer